CM5908/5907 Plug-n-Play Bluetooth upgrade board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jay,
    That is super cool good for you man! I am looking forward to hearing back from you when units are available for sale (I need two).

Hamik

Comment

Congrats on the self employment! One day I hope to do the same.
      My Garage
      2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
      1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
      1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
      Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by Hamgul View Post
        Jay,
        That is super cool good for you man! I am looking forward to hearing back from you when units are available for sale (I need two).

Hamik
        Not to be a total buzz kill here...but IMO there should be a 1 per person limit because of the very limited initial quantity. I would be willing to bet that there are more than 50 people interested. Obviously this is up to Jay, just my 2 cents.

Really looking forward to this, nice work!

Comment

I'm down whenever these are ready!
          Continuous For Sale Thread
          323i s50

Comment

Originally posted by DetroitEE View Post
            Not to be a total buzz kill here...but IMO there should be a 1 per person limit because of the very limited initial quantity. I would be willing to bet that there are more than 50 people interested. Obviously this is up to Jay, just my 2 cents.

Really looking forward to this, nice work!
            Yes, forgot to mention, it'll be 1 per person. I'm even thinking a group buy thread might be better since it's all out in the open and timestamped to avoid early posters. I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks for the thumbs up guys, can't wait to rock and roll with this. I just installed a whip antenna on top of my workshop for radios on the bench, so now it's really official ;)

Comment

Question, as the CM5907 is next out (and what I have lying around) may I just buy an outfitted CM5908 from you to save the hassle?

Comment

Originally posted by jaysterling View Post
                So, after a lot of thought, I've announced that I'm leaving the company in January to pursue this full time.
                As much as I wish you the best of luck, I will caution you, that for every "Take My Money! PLEASE!" reply you get, it's only about 1 out of 100 people actually cough up cash. Even if you have a hot item, you'll be sorely disappointed in the difference in excitement of a product vs actually sales. Take this from someone that has been there and done that.

With that said, I love my customers. I've been selling stuff to the e30 community for 10 years now. I have had some good success - but the e30 market is way to niche to do anything full time. Doesn't matter if it's sub woofer boxes, or radio upgrades. It's way too small of a market to quit a job over. I hope I'm not right....And you rock on with this - and prove me totally wrong.
                Originally posted by Matt-B
                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post
                  Question, as the CM5907 is next out (and what I have lying around) may I just buy an outfitted CM5908 from you to save the hassle?
                  +1 would rather just buy and send you mine as a core.
                  Continuous For Sale Thread
                  323i s50

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                    As much as I wish you the best of luck, I will caution you, that for every "Take My Money! PLEASE!" reply you get, it's only about 1 out of 100 people actually cough up cash. Even if you have a hot item, you'll be sorely disappointed in the difference in excitement of a product vs actually sales. Take this from someone that has been there and done that.

With that said, I love my customers. I've been selling stuff to the e30 community for 10 years now. I have had some good success - but the e30 market is way to niche to do anything full time. Doesn't matter if it's sub woofer boxes, or radio upgrades. It's way too small of a market to quit a job over. I hope I'm not right....And you rock on with this - and prove me totally wrong.
                    Thanks George. The e30 market itself would be too niche, but I'm not planning to only support e30's. I want to build up a line of these boards that support different cars. Other BMWs, Mercedes, Porsche, older Corvettes - anything that's desirable and doesn't have a solid retrofit product already available, I'm interested in supporting.

Even still, the question will be whether this is a large enough market. But I'm ready for a job change anyway. If it turns out to not be viable, I'll go join the workforce again and maybe sell these on the side, slow down on development of new products. I see that possibility and I'm OK with it.

Originally posted by Court M3 View Post
                    +1 would rather just buy and send you mine as a core.
                    I'm thinking I'll probably offer a mail-in installation service, but sending out a complete unit up front and taking a core later I don't think I'll do. The reason is that I'm not completely rebuilding these radios as is often the case with sending back a core. Because of that, I'd have to start testing of all the cores to make sure they function 100% correctly before I could resell them. If they don't, I'd be stuck repairing them on my own dime and time. On top of that, the cores would be in a range of cosmetic shapes. I can't sell someone a unit that's all banged up who is sending me a pristine core. So I just see a lot of headaches and unhappy customers going down that path. If I install in a customer-supplied radio, all that goes away.

Comment

I'm sold. Hope the wait time isn't TOO long.

Comment

Originally posted by TrentW View Post
                        I'm sold. Hope the wait time isn't TOO long.
                        Stop by sometime and check it out Trent.. have it installed in my vert
                        I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                        DB vert plastic bumpers
                        OEM Keys
                        MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                        91 ic Calypso 3.1
                        86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                        TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                        e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Projected date available?
                          Build Thread
                          https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=419655
                          Parts Thread
                          https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=408302

Comment

Originally posted by jaysterling View Post
                            I want to build up a line of these boards that support different cars. Other BMWs, Mercedes, Porsche, older Corvettes - anything that's desirable and doesn't have a solid retrofit product already available, I'm interested in supporting.
                            Awesome! Pro tip, don't bother joining a bunch of forums to drum up interest. Even with the best intentions, you'll be seen as a outsider with a zero post count - only there to make money - and scorned. Facebook is where it's at.
                            Originally posted by Matt-B
                            hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                              Stop by sometime and check it out Trent.. have it installed in my vert
                              You around MTW?

Comment

Just came across this thread. Hope this goes live this month, as I will be jumping on this when the time comes :up:

Comment

Working...
                                X