Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For anyone who didn't see it and is interested

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Warm day for For January, had to be pushing 40 and the sun was shining, so after about 5 miles of Cross Country Skiing this am. It was time for a mid winters clean up and detail. It was T-shirt weather in the sun so I even got a coat of wax on the wife's T4R....

So finally after nearly a year I got a couple sibling shots just quickies in the drive way where the snow is plowed out.

IMG_1492 by mrsleeve, on Flickr

IMG_1505 by mrsleeve, on Flickr

Siblings by mrsleeve, on Flickr
      Last edited by mrsleeve; 01-15-2018, 06:09 PM.
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

That last one would be perfect if you'd have just cut that telephone pole down before taking it! Those mountains look beautiful, gorgeous scenery.

Comment

Can't say I wouldn't mind being able to open the front door and look at that!

I couldn't deal with the real winters though.
          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

I live in a valley, every window in the house has a view thats just the one to the north ;)
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

My '76 FJ40 needed a radio. I wanted something period correct. In my research, I found this ad, which is awesome. This was back in a time when alluring women routinely graced car magazine covers.

Somehow I found this vintage '76 Panasonic combination AM/FM stereo/CB on eBay and snagged it right away. Had the original box and all papers, including the application for a CB license that was required back in the days of CB mania in the '70s.

Click image for larger version

Name:	panasonic.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	7193925

Name:	IMG_1457.jpg
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	7193926

Name:	IMG_1458.jpg
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	7193927
              '91 325i

Comment

Installed. Initially, I hung the mic in an empty gauge hole in the dash that was left by an auxiliary fuel gauge I no longer needed. I managed to wire in the auxiliary fuel sender (with the use of a potentiometer for calibration) into the stock fuel gauge, with a switch to choose readings between the tanks, so I could ditch the extra gauge.

Didn't like that gaping hole. FJ40 never came with a clock (surprising, because they are so slow). The new radio doesn't have a clock, because they didn't back then. So I found a quartz, illuminated aircraft clock that I repurposed for my Land Cruiser. Still need to clean up the clock mount, looks too clunky like that. After two weeks, this clock is still accurate to the second.

Name:	IMG_1598.jpg
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	7193928

Name:	IMG_1604.jpg
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	7193929
                Last edited by Nader393; 01-23-2018, 01:41 PM.
                '91 325i

Comment

^

I likey, you going to put a big ol whip on the back side of it, to make use of the CB......

William Pitt-

Comment

No need. It was prewired at the driver's side fender for CB radio by the PO. All I did was a missing aerial. I went with a 3' Firestick, which is a few inches taller than my roof and alerts me to low parking garages before scraping/cracking my fiberglass roof. Still need to tune the antenna with a SWR meter before using the CB.

Here's a pic with the antenna. I'm pretty pleased with how the rattle can paint job on the whole truck (except windshield frame and front apron) is holding up. Waiting for good weather before doing more masking and getting into the tight spots with rattle can. I shot 90% of the truck in about 2 hours, with minimal masking using only blue painters tape, all in one go during a narrow opportunity of dry and warmish weather out here a few months ago.

Check out its buddy E30 (with wind splits!) keeping him company in the background. They are good friends. Ran out of things to do on the E30, which is part of the reason I got the FJ40.

Name:	IMG_1234.jpg
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	7193934
                    '91 325i

Comment

the pana radio/cb combo is a great period correct find
                      06' Black Cayman S

71' Agave Green 2002

10' Silver Landcruiser

Comment

Took the power lines out

AWD > RWD

Comment

Hell yeah, looks beautiful!

Comment

Hi.

Want to get rid of my 94 f150 work truck, but I think tacos are a bit small for a builder, and no rear doors (the older ones I could afford, anyway)...

Anyone have any hesitations/input on 2000s Tundras? T100s are weird.

Thanks.
                            -Peter
                            '86 S52 coupe | Cotm: 6/18
                            '91 318is slicktop project
                            '14 F15 X5 35d M Sport
                            '00 Tundra

Comment

LOL thanks Kershaw the cloning tool hard at work.... Yes I wish I could do that to my front yard too, but then I and my neighbors would not have any juice.

Early tundras are mehhhh for a work truck, you will likely want your f150 back for its capability over an early tundra.

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                                LOL thanks Kershaw the cloning tool hard at work.... Yes I wish I could do that to my front yard too, but then I and my neighbors would not have any juice.

Early tundras are mehhhh for a work truck, you will likely want your f150 back for its capability over an early tundra.
                                i'd get a first gen tundra with the 4.6 v8 over any 20+ year old f150 any day. the first gen tundra prob has higher payload and towing then a early 90's f150. id look at something like this

06' Black Cayman S

71' Agave Green 2002

10' Silver Landcruiser

Comment

Working...
                                X