Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
    Bastards, WTH??

But seriously, no worries, we hit the freeway and just wanted to get there, we were all tired of driving by that point..

:)

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
    You guys missed out! We had about half the group follow me. there is some nice road, some decent twisty sections, Nice long straits, minimal traffic, and good scenery. There is a reason why I live in the area I do.
    Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Bastards, WTH??

But seriously, no worries, we hit the freeway and just wanted to get there, we were all tired of driving by that point..

:)

That's why we do the back roads, to enjoy driving our cars.

Enjoyed the road less traveled, and for caravan purposes, people are supposed to play leap frog by turn. If you make a turn, you wait til the followers pass then you pull up the rear and you carry it on so nobody gets left behind. I did this once and realized the train was broken.
      Sorry all. I usually incorporate a drive or two to break up the freeway drive. I took my normal route after avoiding 1/2 of I-5 after the picnic again, and it proved enjoyable as always.
      After the tragedy of 2012 in Olympia with Carlos' car, I avoid that stretch in a caravan if I can.

Til next year all!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Van Westervelt View Post
        people are supposed to play leap frog by turn. If you make a turn, you wait til the followers pass then you pull up the rear and you carry it on so nobody gets left behind.
        Man, I didn't know this. This was the first time I had ever lead a group. I'm sorry I left everyone. Next year, it will not happen again.

If we do the 507 to 510 to 7 route from Centralia next year, I will have to make sure everyone knows all the turns, or at the least give people my number. :(
        Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by delamaize View Post
          Man, I didn't know this. This was the first time I had ever lead a group. I'm sorry I left everyone. Next year, it will not happen again.

If we do the 507 to 510 to 7 route from Centralia next year, I will have to make sure everyone knows all the turns, or at the least give people my number. :(
          It's just a break in protocol. No biggie. I had an idea of taking that route before we left and it worked relatively well. Thank you for taking point.
          sigpic

Comment

We'll just catch you guys next time. Ryan's M3 had developed an oil leak, and that's why we were fine with just heading there straight from the gas station..

It was cool seeing everyone there, if even for a moment!

Are any of you all thinking of hitting 5'er West? They moved it to the Oregon Trail Interpretive center. All years/models are invited..
            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
            2016 Ford Flex
            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Are any of you all thinking of hitting 5'er West? They moved it to the Oregon Trail Interpretive center. All years/models are invited..
              Is that still on? Last I heard the planning fell apart and it was left abandoned. I guess worst case, we all meet up anyway, talk cars, grab food and go for a drive. Lol
              sigpic

Comment

We'll just catch you guys next time. Ryan's M3 had developed an oil leak, and that's why we were fine with just heading there straight from the gas station..

It was cool seeing everyone there, if even for a moment!

When and where? my new work schedule is a little more friendly to car shows. My daughter was really bummed that she wasn't able to be here for this years picnic. I think if I was able to take her to a different BMW show, that might take the edge off.
                Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by delamaize View Post
                  When and where? my new work schedule is a little more friendly to car shows. My daughter was really bummed that she wasn't able to be here for this years picnic. I think if I was able to take her to a different BMW show, that might take the edge off.
                  Oregon City, Oregon. July 16th. The 17th usually is a little drive.
                  It's rumored to be at the Oregon Trail Interpretive Center
                  sigpic

Comment

Got moved to the Oregon Trail center, the prior location is going to be under construction apparently.

1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                    2016 Ford Flex
                    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Info on 5erWest here:

Comment

I would be in for the Sunday drive
                        Derek-

Comment

Originally posted by Van Westervelt View Post
                          Oregon City, Oregon. July 16th. The 17th usually is a little drive.
                          It's rumored to be at the Oregon Trail Interpretive Center
                          Originally posted by AndrewBird View Post
                          Info on 5erWest here:

http://blog.5erwest.com/
                          Shit, I work on the 15th and 17th. Guess I'm out.
                          Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

The 16th is the show
                            sigpic

Comment

NO excuses now lol

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Working...
                              X