Enthusiast tech near Olympia needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enthusiast tech near Olympia needed

I have been driving my '85 325e since 2011; as a student I haven't kept up with maintenance as I should have, but I am emotionally bonded with my car. My car needs some repairs and tlc in order to keep it on the road. My current mechanic has no interest in working with me on my 325e, is of the opinion that its not worth the effort, expense. Can anyone recommend a BMW enthusiast tech in the Olympia or Elma area? Thanks!

What do you need done? That will probably help someone offer up their services.
    Originally posted by Sonny
    I am a meme for our community.

Comment

repairs needed

Steering rack - rebuild or replacement; valve adjustment; tail light assembly repair; possible heater core replacement. Thanks for asking!

Comment

fuck the other guy, accuracy automotive in gig harbor is legit, might be to far for you.
        John is a good guy.

otherwise offer some $ and food or and beer, and youll get help quickly

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

That's really not a bad list at all. But it'll be relatively expensive and I could see why some joe schmo who doesn't know these cars wouldn't think it's worth it.

FWIW you can probably fix whatever is going on with the taillight assembly fairly easily yourself. It just comes out with 4 nuts (I believe 10mm). You can still get the assembly new if you want, and I'd also get a new gasket.
          Originally posted by Sonny
          I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
            fuck the other guy, accuracy automotive in gig harbor is legit, might be to far for you.
            John is a good guy.

otherwise offer some $ and food or and beer, and youll get help quickly
            hit up the guys in gig harbor. add the timing belt and water pump while you're at it... plan on 2k at least... you'll be happy for another 100k miles!!
            thank us later...
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            '90 325i sedan daily driven
            '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Originally posted by bindibmw View Post
              Steering rack - rebuild or replacement; valve adjustment; tail light assembly repair; possible heater core replacement. Thanks for asking!
              E36 Steering Rack with everything you need $250 shipped

Heater Core $165 shipped

and while you're at it
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by cheffy30 View Post
                hit up the guys in gig harbor. add the timing belt and water pump while you're at it... plan on 2k at least... you'll be happy for another 100k miles!!
                thank us later...
                We've taken care of the timing belt and water pump, Im encouraged, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
                  That's really not a bad list at all. But it'll be relatively expensive and I could see why some joe schmo who doesn't know these cars wouldn't think it's worth it.

FWIW you can probably fix whatever is going on with the taillight assembly fairly easily yourself. It just comes out with 4 nuts (I believe 10mm). You can still get the assembly new if you want, and I'd also get a new gasket.
                  Thank you!

Comment

I've done about a million valve adjustments on my M20 lol. I could honestly do it in roughly half an hour for way less than a shop. Could even teach you how to do it yourself so you can keep up on it without paying for it. Only need a couple of basic tools. EDIT - I'm in Yelm/Lacey btw.
                    Last edited by MidnightSpeeder; 12-17-2017, 04:06 PM. Reason: add to post
                    https://i.redd.it/ghvftvsr3f6y.jpg

Comment

Working...
                    X