Single Vanos aluminum M52B28 block package for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single Vanos aluminum M52B28 block package for sale

I have these parts remaining from my parted out motor that "should" be sold as a package, as they are somewhat married to each other.

Single Vanos aluminum block from a 1997 2.8 Z3. Block had a big chunk machined off the deck to correct some pitting from a blown headgasket that went unchecked by the previous owner.

Block has modifications to run the E46 M3 oil pump chain tensionner and comes with those parts.

The top pin for the intake side timing chain guide came loose and danced around in the aluminum for a while doing some substantial damage. I have a plan and all the parts to effect the repair (no welding) and will include all this (including a Timesert kit). I prefer to not do the repair myself as I don't have time.

Also comes with the aluminum block specific oil pump and the welded pick up tube (prevents cracking from vibrations). The oil pump has been shimmed to boost oil pressure by about 10psi (hot idle oil pressure on 5-40 synthetic of about 15psi). Oil pump nut is drilled for safety wire (included).

Comes with the little block girdle tie in plates that bolt between the main cap bolts and the sides of the block inside the oil pan rail. One hole is stripped but I ran without that single bolt. Each plate has 2 bolts at the oil pan rail.

Also includes main caps with crank bearings in decent condition.

Includes the windage tray.

Comes with the front timing cover that is milled to the same height as the cylinder block.

Includes a Cometic .140" headgasket brand new in the package. I bought this expecting to put this motor back together. Also includes a brand new set of aluminum block specific headbolts. The headbolt holes in the block have been Timeserted.

I'm also including the Wiseco pistons with used rings and wrist pins that were made specific for this setup. They are 84.5mm bore and 11.5:1 compression and intended to be run with an S52/M54B30 crank and 135mm rods (3L displacement). They were designed/built specifically for the block being machined a bunch to clean up the deck. The rings were moved down the skirt a bit to stop them coming up into the gasket. There is some odd wear on one piston skirt but the motor still ran great. I made 270whp and 240ft/lbs torque with them about 2 months before I stopped driving the car.

I'm selling this whole package for $600 plus shipping. Shipping will most likely be in the $100 range. It's coming from Blaine, Wa 98230.

Here's the block and the damaged guide pin hole. I'll get more pics of the stuff later on if anyone shows any interest.

And I weighed this block and an M52B28 iron block today and can confirm that this block is 49.5lbs lighter than the iron verison.

Last edited by Jaker; 01-22-2018, 01:54 PM.

PM'ed

Comment

hot damn!
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Someone asked for pics of the pistons and the deck of the block. Pics added to the 1st post of the pistons, block deck coming soon!

Comment

Deposit received, sale completing on Fri. Thanks.

Comment

Sold. Thanks Wes!

Comment

Working...
            X