Bare shell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bare shell

i got a clean shell but its just that no interior, dash, engine, drive train, brakes anything except suspension. so since i have had it i have gotten an engine, drive train, engine harness, ecu, and fuse box. my plan is to use it for a rallyX and eventually a track and rally car but im stuck on what harness i will need for the inside for gauges and maybe vent system? for defrosting purposes. Any feed back would be great thanks.

p.s sorry if i posted this in the wrong thread figured this was the best place to start.

I think the body harness is the same from all the cars so you should be good getting one from anything and then just going through it to keep the wires to the systems you want to keep in the car.

Comment

perfect thanks was un sure on which harness to get. also think a air duct system would be needed for defrosting or not

Comment

Go in the M20forum and check out the thread “das beast”. Pretty dang near perfect build of a race car .
        My son has the 1987 325e, 2 door, 5speed
        I daily the 1989 325i, 4 door, 5speed

Comment

If it's a SERIOUS race car, you need about 7 wires,
          don't bother with factory stuff.

If it needs to be street legal, then yes, stock,
          just because it will be quickest and easiest.

I have one race car with defrosters, and one without.
          It USUALLY doesn't matter. Fog-X is pretty good.
          Once every 3 or 4 years, it gets ugly. But the defrosters
          (stock e30) don't work all that well when it gets really wet.

hth

t
          now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

well sweet thanks its gunna be a serious race car but not right off the bat cause roll cages are not cheap to have put in. and was curious on the defrosting issue cause rally goes all year round. i have seen aftermarket smaller heater cores for just this purpose so was curious.

Comment

Working...
            X