Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 1993 BMW M5 Lagoon Green

Hi everyone,

I dont think I ever posted this here but I am selling my M5. To be honest, I dont drive her very much and I have been focusing more of my attention on my E30 instead. I purchased her almost two years ago from a member on BFC who lived in Michigan. We spent countless hours on the phone talking about the car and going over everything he did to it. He was very much one of the biggest BMW enthusiasts I have ever spoken to and I could tell he was really into the car. Some of you may know him, Googone20. Anyways, given his enthusiasm and documented work done, and his credibility on the forums I bought the car without even looking at it. The car was just as described!

So why do I want to sell it? Very simple, I made an honest mistake. Right around the time I purchased the car I had also just bought my first home with my wife. I didnt really consider the seriousness of owning a home and didnt take into account the renovations and such. I quickly learned that I needed to manage my funds much better. Which brings me to selling the M5.

I am not looking to, or even expect to, get my money back. I purchased her for $14k. If you look at the extensive work that was done to her you will see that at the time it was probably worth it. At least for me it was. But I am a realist and will consider all offers.

Specs:
    1993 BMW M5 3.6L US
    174,xxx miles all original
    Laguna Green/Black (1 of 8 made in this color)

Features:
    Factory OEM Shadowline
    Factory Black M5 Door Sills
    Factory Black Birdseye Maple
    Factory Tri-Stitched Steering Wheel
    Factory Msport Side Mirrors
    3.73 LSD
    Servotronic M5 short ratio Steering Box
    Motorsport Door Handles

CAR STILL HAS:
    Blue Cloth in the Tool Kit
    Triangles in Tool Kit
    OEM Flash Light in the Glove Box
    OEM M5 Tape with Owner Manual in ///M Leather Case
    OEM ///M Key, with 2 other spare keys and 2 OEM Keyless Remotes
    I could list stuff forever
    Factory BMW Cell Phone
    Factory Rear View Mirror
    Factory 6 Disc Changer

MODS:
    Perfect HELLA Smilies with 6000k 55w HID's (the HID sometimes interferes with the tach when you turn it on. It makes the tach needle jump)
    Brand New HELLA Projector Fogs with 6000k 55w HID's (one of the bulbs is out)
    LED 6000k City Lights
    All Lens's are covered in 40mm Laminx Clear Film
    Newer Dinan Adjustable Front Sway Bar
    Newer OEM M5T Nurburg 20mm Rear Sway Bar
    Racing Dymanics Front Strut Bar
    BMC Carbon Dynamics Airbox
    Complete Silicone Vacuum Hose Kit
    New ZHP Weighted
    UUC SSK with DSLR(will need to confirm the DSLR but pretty sure it there)
    Very nice Alpine Headunit with iPod hookup in the glove box
    OEM E38 M-parallel's in full Polish with brand new ///M badges 18x8 ET13, 18x9.5 ET25
    BavAuto SLS Delete Kit
    H&R Springs with Billy Sports Front, Koni Sport Adjustable Rears
    Black Zinc 90mm Bullet Nosed Wheel Studs with Chrome Lug Nuts
    15mm Front Spacers
    20mm Rear Spacers
    TMS Performance Software Chip
    Self Tinting Rear View Mirror
    New Black Floor Mats(Abraham's Motorsport)
    Brand New Moosehead Spherical Upper Control Arm Bushings
    Brand New Powerflex Lower Control Arm Bushings

RECENTLY DONE (about two years ago)
    New OEM Headlight Bushings
    New OEM City Light Sockets
    New License Plate Bulbs
    New Brake Light Bulbs
    New Bosch Waterpump
    New OEM Bosch Spark Plugs
    New Oil Fitler and 20w50 Synthetic Oil
    New Mann Fuel Filter
    New Shogun Door Handle Gaskets
    New OEM Radiator Clips
    New OEM Continental Belts all 3
    New OEM Fan Blade
    New OEM Fan Shroud
    New OEM Intake Elbow
    New OEM Butterfly Vacuum Caps
    New Lemforder Rear Pitman Arms
    New Meyle HD UCA's
    New Meyle HD LCA's
    New Meyle HD Center Link with Idler arms
    New Meyle HD Tie Rod's
    New Meyle HD Sway Links
    Newer OEM Slave Cylinder
    Newer OEM Master Cylinder
    Newer Michelin Pilot Sports PS2's 225/40/18, 255/35/18
    Received a new OEM Transmission 7 years ago

Pics

A few random pics:

at Bimmerfest '12

I will try to answer all question to best of my ability. Keep in mind that under my care I have had the pleasure of simply driving the car and chaging the oil. There is currently a small issue with a faulty relay that I need to change. The relay has caused the parking lights to go off so i removed the fuse for now. I promise to have this fixed soon since I am posting it up for sale again.

Another question I get asked is about the paint. The paint is not perfect. It has seen its share of sun so hood and trunk are somewhat cloudy not showroom like. A portion of clear coat has come off on the pass side mirror only. The front valance has a good share of pits. The car is still stunning from about 10 feet away (hopefully you see that from the pics) but once you are close you will see these imperfections. No big deal to me but I want to be transparent.

Clean title. No rust. Solid car. Asking $10k obo

Thanks for looking!

Sweet car man. Glws
    98 M3/4/5

Comment

Trades
      Current:1995 :540i--m60+6speed+bunch of other goodies(supercharged) hehe
      1995 525i-5, new winterbeater/DD
      In the past
      1987 300sdl(winterbeater/DD)
      1990 325iS caged and m50ed plus a whole bunch of other stuff!
      1995 540i-6 speed oxford over parchemnt
      1990 BMW 325i(s)Brillantrot with black int
      1995 Audi A6 5speed
      1991BMW750il

Comment

Oh damn... Lovely car. GLWS
        '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
        '91 Alpine 318i (Gone) Click Here
        '92 Alpine 325i Cabrio (Gone) Click Here
        '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

Thanks guys. Here is where I stand on trades, I will consider it but I will need something of lesser value to have cash come with the deal. I will also not pay top dollar for your trade since I will be turning around and selling the trade and will want to price it aggressive in order to sell it quicker. Hope this is clear but if not just PM me and we'll discuss. Thanks all.

Comment

Very rare color. Sweet looking e34 m5! GLWS.
            Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

Beautiful. seems like a good price.

The Build:
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=191125

Comment

pm sent

Comment

Goo bought this car from me and glad to see it is in good hands. Very tempting to buy this back... Any interest in a 1991 850i 6 speed? ;)

Comment

Oh it hurts to look. I miss this car dearly. If your a fan of BMW pedigree, then this car needs to be in your garage. It was a joy to own this car, and I spent a lot of money dialing this car in. The suspension is all brand new and this car handles and rides amazing. The motor does have higher miles, but I can tell you that it pulls hard and I averaged 26mpg on the way to the airport when Rob bought the car off of me. Right before I sold the car, I did all of the vacuum hose in silicone, full valve adjustment, and vacuum sync'd the throttle bodies. That S38 purrs like a kitten. Rob is a great guy, and I can tell you the car is truely one of a kind. BTW Rob, you may want to consider a trade for Tirefryers 850i 6 speed. It is a beautiful car and those things are getting very hard to come by.
                    Last edited by googone20; 01-08-2014, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Know this car well, Rob is religious of up keep on it, not when things break but in ways to prevent from anything going wrong. Drove the car back from Detroit with 3 other guys. Car pulls like a freight train. Sad to see it go, he is giving it away.
                      sigpic
                      New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
                      %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Beautiful car man, If i had the cash it would be mine, GLWS!!
                        Looking for a 3.46 or lower LSD. Lets make a deal.
                        LSx e36TI coming soon
                        Originally posted by s0urce
                        Man, she'd be so easy to rape

Comment

Originally posted by tirefryer View Post
                          Goo bought this car from me and glad to see it is in good hands. Very tempting to buy this back... Any interest in a 1991 850i 6 speed? ;)
                          Originally posted by googone20 View Post
                          Oh it hurts to look. I miss this car dearly. If your a fan of BMW pedigree, then this car needs to be in your garage. It was a joy to own this car, and I spent a lot of money dialing this car in. The suspension is all brand new and this car handles and rides amazing. The motor does have higher miles, but I can tell you that it pulls hard and I averaged 26mpg on the way to the airport when Rob bought the car off of me. Right before I sold the car, I did all of the vacuum hose in silicone, full valve adjustment, and vacuum sync'd the throttle bodies. That S38 purrs like a kitten. Rob is a great guy, and I can tell you the car is truely one of a kind. BTW Rob, you may want to consider a trade for Tirefryers 850i 6 speed. It is a beautiful car and those things are getting very hard to come by.
                          Wow! The three owners of this beautiful M5 right here! You dont see this often, if ever. Thanks for the support guys. I always loved the 850i but i just need to free up cash right now. I hope one day i am in a better position to splurge and get one.

Ryan- this car belongs with you, you truly made it easy for me to enjoy. I really want this car to go to a good home and continue to be taken care of.

Originally posted by ZM Blue Devil View Post
                          Know this car well, Rob is religious of up keep on it, not when things break but in ways to prevent from anything going wrong. Drove the car back from Detroit with 3 other guys. Car pulls like a freight train. Sad to see it go, he is giving it away.
                          That was alot of fun! Thanks, Levent!

Comment

Pmd and voicemail. Sorry for bombarding you, but I have cash in hand and want to make a deal. Levent has talked this car up for a while now and I would like to pull the trigger.

Comment

Deposit taken! Sold!

Comment

Working...
                              X