Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member: 1987 325i convertible, one owner, 5 speed

Hey all,

Over the weekend I took ownership of this one-owner (...now 2) 1987 BMW 325i convertible. 5 speed, Black on Black, fully loaded from the factory (LSD, AC, cruise, computer, electric everything) plus dealer installed gold BBS wheels.

140k miles, full records and documentation, including original window sticker and every service record to date. The amazing part is that everything works, car runs/shifts smooth. The original owner loved the car and took great care of it, I plan to do the same.

Needs a good detail and a few weekends of attention and it'll be about as good as it can get. Very small rear main seal leak but that's alright with me...for now. No mods in the immediate future - if anything it could use a new set of tires, headers, and a free flowing exhaust as it still has the catalytic converter and original muffler (!) Top down driving just begs for a little more M20 sound.

Looking forward to being a part of the community, asking a buncha questions and learning along the way! :o

Looks pretty damn good! I hate the 3rd brake light on verts, if you can find a mint schwarz trunklid you should swap it out. Its so easy and you can use the Z4 sidemarker roundel thing to maintain the use of a third brake light
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      Looks pretty damn good! I hate the 3rd brake light on verts, if you can find a mint schwarz trunklid you should swap it out. Its so easy and you can use the Z4 sidemarker roundel thing to maintain the use of a third brake light
      Are there any pics or a DIY of this? I was trying to figure out a way to do this the other day. I never thought of the Z4 marker.
      Thank god, R3V was getting boring since the ginger kid wrecked his car. - Stonea

Comment

Working...
      X