• Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh that blows. sorry
    cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by CarsonE30 View Post
      Update - it'll last about 13 miles lol.
      That noise sounded like your timing chain slapping around. Did anything notable happen before it failed (hit a bump, high rpm, etc)
      The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
      Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
      2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
      2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
        That noise sounded like your timing chain slapping around. Did anything notable happen before it failed (hit a bump, high rpm, etc)
        Had to slam the brakes the night that the light originally came on and the light came on as soon as I came to a full stop. I shut the car off immediately and coasted it home with just my lights on. I figured that the oil just sloshed all the way forward and letting the car idle and recirculate would help. Car was running and driving fine until I had to hit the brakes again from 70mph, the light came back on and as soon I slowed down, the car shut off. Had it towed to my local BMW indie shop and they called this morning saying the chain guides failed and it needs a new engine. So now I can either buy a 540 parts car and swap it, part it out or sell it as is and find something else. Idk.
        C6Z
        S2K
        VeloN

Comment

last I checked there were some decent parts cars available on craigslist. Bummer man. I'm pick and pulling this weekend in oakland (maybe going out to modesto as I heard there are some e30s out there) and Ill post back here if theres any m62 6 speed options.
          1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
            last I checked there were some decent parts cars available on craigslist. Bummer man. I'm pick and pulling this weekend in oakland (maybe going out to modesto as I heard there are some e30s out there) and Ill post back here if theres any m62 6 speed options.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
            Transaction feedback
            - jpod999

Comment

Oh man this is way better than their app and the pick and pull website. The app looks like it hasnt been updated since 2006. Thanks man! I hope that 318i doesn't get too stripped before the weekend
              1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Row52 has helped me save many useless trips in the past.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                Transaction feedback
                - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                  Row52 has helped me save many useless trips in the past.
                  Yeah I downloaded the app a few weeks ago but its freakin archaic and super buggy so I just went back to checking the pnp website directly. Having photos is definitely a big plus.
                  1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by CarsonE30 View Post
                    Had to slam the brakes the night that the light originally came on and the light came on as soon as I came to a full stop. I shut the car off immediately and coasted it home with just my lights on. I figured that the oil just sloshed all the way forward and letting the car idle and recirculate would help. Car was running and driving fine until I had to hit the brakes again from 70mph, the light came back on and as soon I slowed down, the car shut off. Had it towed to my local BMW indie shop and they called this morning saying the chain guides failed and it needs a new engine. So now I can either buy a 540 parts car and swap it, part it out or sell it as is and find something else. Idk.
                    That makes me question if the guides were actually done, they could have done only the upper guides which are easier to access but the lower ones usually fail. Unfortunate it didn't even make it a thousand miles
                    The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                    Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                    2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                    2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

car meets

Hey I was wondering if people have e30 meet info for 2018 and where would i find such info. Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Ba_reefer View Post
                        Hey I was wondering if people have e30 meet info for 2018 and where would i find such info. Thanks in advance
                        No one wants to hang out with anyone.
                        sigpic
                        1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                        1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                        1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
                          That makes me question if the guides were actually done
                          This is my exact thinking as well. If anyone wants a black/black E38 complete parts car in very good condition, $1000 takes it lol. I'm not gonna swap a motor into it, going back to something that isn't an E38.
                          C6Z
                          S2K
                          VeloN

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
                            No one wants to hang out with anyone.
                            I'd love to get the sfbay guys together one of these weekends. Only other car meets I've been to have been at Canepa or EASY and none of those cars were ones I could afford or talk about at great length lol.
                            1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

y'all could come over my shop this weekend and force me to swap transmissions instead of dicking around
                              cars beep boop

Comment

Saturday or Sunday?

Is this on the black coupe?
                                1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Working...
                                X