Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowered on AST Lowering Springs, front seems too high?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowered on AST Lowering Springs, front seems too high?

Hello guys,

I have repleaced Bilstein B4 shocks as well as the springs to AST Lowering springs.

It supposed to lower the car 40mm all around, but front seems little too high.

Mind that stock parts were (shocks and springs) in the trunk when I took the pictures below, and it was right after the installation.

What do you guys think about the height?

Should I wait/drive more until it gets settled?

Super clean E30. That looks about right honestly. I have Vogtland which lower 1.6 inch or close to 40mm, if my math is right and we sit about the same. It will probably lower a little more, but barely noticeable.

I am planning to go e90 drop hats to even the gap, but I worry about binding too much (based upon rumors).
    20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

Originally posted by HerbE30 View Post
      Super clean E30. That looks about right honestly. I have Vogtland which lower 1.6 inch or close to 40mm, if my math is right and we sit about the same. It will probably lower a little more, but barely noticeable.

I am planning to go e90 drop hats to even the gap, but I worry about binding too much (based upon rumors).

Thank you for the reply

Since your drop is similar, do you know if these wheel/tire combo work?

15x6 and 7 et13 with 195/45/r15 tires all around.

Thank you again!

Comment

Late model's have lower rear arch fenders than the front giving the illusion that the front is severely higher.
        Take a look at your rocker panel, or bottom frame of the car - it's pretty parallel with the ground.

Early model cars have near identical arches, though.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

With my e30 I used the e90 drophats plus I used thinner spring pads in the front. And I think I used thicker in the rear. Made it look pretty level.

Comment

+1 e90 drop hats and or adding spring pads in the rear might give you a more even look.

Comment

Working...
            X