Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found this cool video on a M20B25, "Million Mile E30"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHmMlU8Q-V8

Pretty interesting with scheduled maintenence it lasts that long. I've seen m20b25's run upwards of 300,000 miles but not 1 million. Although the engine didnt have to go through heat cycles and cold start ups, still cool!
    -E30 323i 1983
    -Honda CB250n 1980

sigpic

Actually, they did do heat cycles and cold starts. And they broke something like 3 or 4 automatic transmissions (should have probably used a manual lol).
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

250k from an auto trans is pretty good...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      sigpic
      1987 325e Lachssilber w/ MarkD chip and late bumpers, Zender EVO spoiler, s3.25 LSD

Originally posted by nando
      I don't think there's really strong evidence that ZDDP harms cats.

Comment

I am at 350-400,000 on my other older automatic car still works great .

Comment

This video used to blow me away until I got a job doing oil changes on all kinds of different cars with crazy mileage; you'd be surprised how many cars are out there with crazy miles even with neglectful owners skipping oil changes. I've had a few BMWs with 200k++ still going strong, and we've had a few of our cars easily hit and surpass 200k, including a 1999 plymouth caravan... With the way manufacturers torture test their engines in the first place, 1,000,000 miles achieved in a controlled setting should be expected imho.
          My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by itsonlygeorge View Post
            250k from an auto trans is pretty good...
            Unless it's an e46. ;)
            Originally posted by Matt-B
            hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

I have 210ish k on a 1fzfe, (yeah I know toyota) is likely my most reliable thing I have ever owned. Even with that mileage, I am not scared to drive it 2,3,4 or more hours into the back country where maybe 10 other trucks a year make it to with out worry of a failure.

Point is well built simple engines are very reliable and with good maintenace will out last the shipping crates they propel nearly universally anymore. It's the auto trans you have to worry about leaving now a days
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
              X