Fiberglass IS rear wing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fiberglass IS rear wing

Anybody have a line on the manufacturer of a quality E30 fiberglass IS rear trunk spoiler? Most I've sourced are made in Europe. Any US sources? Anybody got pics of their product?

Understandibly the BMW oem product was not intended to be painted. Some of us would love to have the option to paint and repair a fiberglass IS wing. Post pics. Post info. Thanks.

Damn. I was thinking with all the skilled fabricators we have on R3V. Some one would build these. They are in high demand. Especially the MTech 1 style. Fiberglass would be a good light weight repairable / paintable choice. And for $200 to $300 each, might be worth the time put in to make. Wish I had the skills.

Comment

The stock iS spoiler came in body color. You can definitely paint them.

Comment

My search is for the IS trunk spoiler. Paintable.....yes. Paint cracks over time. Just Looking for fiberglass to see if they hold up better.

Comment

I actually think it would be easier to just take an old worn out oem spoiler and just put a couple layers of CF or fiberglass on it. This is what I'm planning to do with mine. Painting a flexible/soft surface just seems like a future issue
          Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
          COTM Aug 2019

Comment

Working...
          X