Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side mirror prep/paint

Hi All,
    First post. I have dragged the E30 out of storage after 10 years and giving it some tlc. Specific question is once the side mirror has been removed from the vehicle and the mirror removed can you take the break down process any further prior to paint.? I feel I won’t get a nice paint finish with the plastic mirror housing still attached to the metal housing. Can the two be separated as I am not seeing it. I plan to paint the mirror in the same single stage acrylic paint as the car instead of the existing oem black.

If anyone that has done this cosmetic upgrade before could give me some help I would be most appreciative.

I can't answer specifically whether that plastic housing comes out, but I just had my car painted and with the plastic housing and drive inside, but the mirror removed. They covered it and were able to spray back way further than I would ever see with the mirrors installed.

I know the drive comes out but not sure after that. But unless you are looking for show car quality, I would be surprised if they couldn't paint the inside part with the plastic still in.
    Thank god, R3V was getting boring since the ginger kid wrecked his car. - Stonea

Comment

Working...
    X