Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grundy all the way

Comment

i go through j.c. taylor on mine, im only paying $88 a month. i would recommend them.
      sigpic

'88 325is-daily
      '89 325is-project
      '84 633csi-its there
      '00 528i-daily (wrecked)
      '01 525i- sold

Comment

Originally posted by IzzY_325is View Post
        i go through j.c. taylor on mine, im only paying $88 a month. i would recommend them.
        Per month ? That seems VERY high
        Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
        Alice the Time Capsule
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
        87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Originally posted by gunsnbacon View Post
          I use Geico because of the price in my area. 5 vehicles full coverage for $210/mo with stated values. My 86 325e was t boned and USAA assessed it at $3250 and I gladly took the check. I had purchased the vehicle from a friend for $700 and fixed it up on the cheap and used it as a daily.

My 90 325i I have a stated value of $6500.

My other 3 vehicles are: 89 rx7 convertible, 91 rx7 convertible, and 2016 Scion iM all with full coverage as well.
          you're going to get screwed if you ever get hit in the E30. Just because you have a stated value of $6500, doesn't mean you will get that in an accident. Geico is for suckers (sorry). They will fuck you sideways the first chance they get. How do you think they can afford all those commercials?

I have Ameriprise (Costco), and I've had 3 major claims in the last 10 years that were all processed mostly without issue. The E30 for now does not have full coverage, but I drive it extremely rarely - I'd like to move it to Haggerty or Grundy, as I'd easily pass the bar for the mileage amounts and DD status. I just drive it so rarely that it doesn't worry me much.

In our area, Safeco is also a pretty good bet (highly recommended by BMW shops that deal with insurance all the time). I would never in a million years consider Geico or similar companies (and yes I've had them in the past). On a car like an E30 I'd seriously be considering a collectors car insurance company as mentioned above.

Our 3 BMWs (2 on full coverage) is about $900 a year. It hasn't changed a lot in price as I got older - the biggest difference was combining my auto policy with my house. My Costco membership also covers towing.

If you have the minimum requirements for liability - you're risking a lot more than the value of your car. Max out your liability insurance before worrying about full coverage on a stupid $10,000 car.

With the payouts my insurance covered from being sued (yep, betcha never thought of that), I will never pay it back if even I keep the same insurance company for the rest of my life. At the time, which was 11 years ago almost, I would have probably lost my house and my family - much more important than an E30..
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Safeco-
            $180 for 2017 trd 4runner
            $70 for e30 vert

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieVu View Post
              Safeco-
              $180 for 2017 trd 4runner
              $70 for e30 vert

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              per month I assume?

I'm going to check into Ameriprise for our regular vehicles. thank you for the tip Chris.

yes geico is fine until you have a claim.
              sigpic
              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

American Modern classic car insurance, ~$900/yr for two e30's, agreed value $15-20k for each. Occasional drive to work clause added to policy for both cars. I added mileage restriction for them as I don't drive them often enough, but they do 1k, 3k, 6k, or unlimited miles.

I can't comment on claims, and hope I never have input on this.

As usual for classic car insurance, you must have a daily driver otherwise... in my case an '01 Tacoma insured by NJM. Great rates if you are in NJ and qualify.

Comment

JC Taylor here. Fixed policy on the iS. $200/year
                  1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                  1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                    you're going to get screwed if you ever get hit in the E30. Just because you have a stated value of $6500, doesn't mean you will get that in an accident. Geico is for suckers (sorry).

Not sure if Geico is the same, but when searching for insurance on my Touring, I found out that Liberty Mutual also offers "stated value" coverage, but the fine print says the max claim they will pay is the LESSER OF stated value or FMV. When I pointed this out to the Liberty Mutual rep on the phone, even he had to admit that it's not really "stated value" coverage.

Cory
                    1992 325i Cabrio
                    1988 320i Touring
                    2000 M5
                    1977 530i
                    2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
                    BMWCCA
                    E30CCA

Comment

I have Progressive, because everyone else's prices are outrageous. I live in Michigan, which is probably the most expensive place in the US to insure a car due to our insane no-fault insurance laws. I've also had my fair share of tickets, and their prices have remained (relatively) reasonable throughout.

My first 325iX, I got rear-ended and they totaled the car. Initially they offered about 2500, I disputed and explained that one with a manual transmission can't be had that cheaply, gave them a couple examples off craigslist, and they quickly bumped it up to 4900 which was pretty much spot on (mine was rusty, dinged up, and had a lot of miles). I've been with them ever since.

Comment

Reading this is making me think to look around again.
                        I don’t have Hagerty or any classic car form of insurance but also I really use my E30 sparingly.
                        I may not drive it for months and months and then drive 10-30 miles a day for a few weeks when the weather is only really nice etc.

Iv been with MetLife Auto
                        (Free Glass replacement no deductible)
                        I wouldn’t ever use their suppliers for a toy car but I did take advantage on this once for the Rover.

2009 Range Rover Full Coverage (Family car)
                        90’ 325is (just have it listed as pleasure with very low miles per year and liability/comp only)

$90-100 per month

What you guys think?

Comment

Originally posted by cscracker View Post
                          I have Progressive, because everyone else's prices are outrageous. I live in Michigan, which is probably the most expensive place in the US to insure a car due to our insane no-fault insurance laws. I've also had my fair share of tickets, and their prices have remained (relatively) reasonable throughout.

My first 325iX, I got rear-ended and they totaled the car. Initially they offered about 2500, I disputed and explained that one with a manual transmission can't be had that cheaply, gave them a couple examples off craigslist, and they quickly bumped it up to 4900 which was pretty much spot on (mine was rusty, dinged up, and had a lot of miles). I've been with them ever since.

actually, I came from Michigan originally and insurance there is much much cheaper than it is here it Texas. you should thank your lucky stars you have no fault insurance.

my parents pay about 1600 bucks a year in Michigan for full coverage on 3 vehicles. (2016 Lincoln suv, 2009 chevy 4x4 half ton, and an old ford ranger) my wife and I pay 3 grand for 2 vehicles on full coverage. (2013 X1 and a 99 f350) we have no accidents and no tickets. Traveler's can suck a gallon of shit out of my ass. I am going to use Chris's suggestion and look at coverage through Costco.
                          sigpic
                          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

I just called Ameriprise to get a quote on car insurance. those shit eaters denied me coverage on my f350 because I pull a 16' flatbed trailer about 4 or 5 times a year. buttholes! that was a waste of 40 minutes on the telephone. I've never even had an insurance company ask if I pull a trailer.

the quote was about 2700 bucks though so it would have saved 3 or 4 hondo.
                            sigpic
                            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

Call back and dont tell them that lol.

They denied coverage on the E30 because I stupidly mentioned the suspension mods. Called back again, no problem..
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I may do that. I guess my concern is that if I pull the trailer and have an accident they will hang me out to dry.
                                sigpic
                                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X