No announcement yet.

What do you know and how much is a jdm/euro mtech 2 e30 worth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, there probably isn't a lot I can add to this thread but there are a lot of "classic r3v" comments here.

I don't think the price of 20+k is a steal by any means. however, I don't think its a rip off either. the important thing is that the OP likes the car and thinks it worth it. I do believe that in time this car will indeed be worth considerably more than you paid.
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

The two tone colours were for the Japanese market.

1990 325i
      2004 330i Individual 6-speed
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Black 88 View Post
        Put down the pipe.
        I'm going to hop in and agree with him, M tech kitted cars are better looking than an E30 M3, however I am not a fan of the two tone paint. They look smart in grey. I think it's the C pillar and trunkline that puts me off of the M3, it just looks kind of odd to me. I've seen quite a few in person, and I just don't get the hype over its looks.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by varg; 04-24-2018, 06:24 PM.

IG @turbovarg
        '91 318is, M20 turbo
        [CoTM: 4-18]
        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
        - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by IceWhite View Post
          The two tone colours were for the Japanese market.

WHAT!!! I have never seen a two tone blue mt2... and I love it!

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by e30davie View Post
            just looks a body kit from an early 2000s car modification magazine.
            qft
            If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
              WHAT!!! I have never seen a two tone blue mt2... and I love it!
              I think the two-tone blue looks pretty awesome too! The others not so much (particularly the two tone grey / black).

Weird that some Japanese market cars came with only half the m-tech 2 wing, although the brochure there only seems to feature cars with the double wing.

You'd think that if the owner wanted to order a lower wing BMW would just spec it with the smaller 'iS' wing like the 318is.
              My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                I don't think the price of 20+k is a steal by any means. however, I don't think its a rip off either. the important thing is that the OP likes the car and thinks it worth it. I do believe that in time this car will indeed be worth considerably more than you paid.
                I'm going to echo this.

Too often we get tied up in "what it's worth" (thanks BAT..) when in truth, most people here won't ever realize that value because we just drive them and enjoy them. It's a car, it's not stocks or funds. Sure, they have value as a by product of desirability, but the bigger purpose should be to put a smile on the owners face.

I see this somewhat with the Lego sets I buy for my kid - they talk about collect ability and what it's worth in the box, unopened..etc. We've gotten so concerned about investment, that we are forgetting the value of fun.
                1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                2016 Ford Flex
                2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Not sure how much you paid for the car, I am assuming low 20's which isn't bad, regular E30 in good condition and moderate miles are selling between 12to18K, yes you can add a MTechII kit to any E30 but it doesn't make it a true factory equipped MTechII car which it wasn't available for US market, I paid $16K for my almost 2 years ago and the price has gotten up since, I wish I had save it but I believe that car was for sale in Florida two years ago for $18K, as far as E30M3 goes, $25K will only get you a rolling shell, to get a running E30M3 you will need at least $35K and that would be like an entry level, high mileage and needing work.
                  This is mine MTechII

free image host
                  And here is my M3

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                    I'm going to hop in and agree with him, M tech kitted cars are better looking than an E30 M3, however I am not a fan of the two tone paint. They look smart in grey. I think it's the C pillar and trunkline that puts me off of the M3, it just looks kind of odd to me. I've seen quite a few in person, and I just don't get the hype over its looks.

Flared fenders. It adds bloat to the minimalist teutonic design. No doubt a capable and very competent car, its why the 320iS with the mtechnic kit is the best e30 variant.

The two toned paint works. It has to be seen in person.

Comment

I've seen it in person. There was a fairly local guy with a JDM two tone M-tech car, painted in the same scheme as the car replicam3cabrio posted. Not a fan of the look. I guess the fender flares are part of my issue with the M3, it just is kind of chunky looking and the trunk and c-pillar make it look kind of unbalanced.

IG @turbovarg
                      '91 318is, M20 turbo
                      [CoTM: 4-18]
                      '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                      - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by Replicam3cabrio View Post

What color codes are used on this m-tech?
                        sigpic
                        January 2012 COTM

Comment

Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post
                          Weird that some Japanese market cars came with only half the m-tech 2 wing, although the brochure there only seems to feature cars with the double wing.
                          The MT2 wing is actually two pieces. Probably removed the top half to make cleaning easier?? It's a pain trying to get the dirt out from under the wing. Buddy has one and won't install the top piece cause likes the duck tail look.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicam3cabrio View Post
                            Not sure how much you paid for the car, I am assuming low 20's which isn't bad, regular E30 in good condition and moderate miles are selling between 12to18K, yes you can add a MTechII kit to any E30 but it doesn't make it a true factory equipped MTechII car which it wasn't available for US market, I paid $16K for my almost 2 years ago and the price has gotten up since, I wish I had save it but I believe that car was for sale in Florida two years ago for $18K, as far as E30M3 goes, $25K will only get you a rolling shell, to get a running E30M3 you will need at least $35K and that would be like an entry level, high mileage and needing work.
                            This is mine MTechII

free image host
                            And here is my M3
                            Hey guys sorry been Mia. I paid 23k for the car. With shipping and dealer fees, out of door price came to 24,400.

Yeah seems kinda steep. I tried to do some research before hand but there is so little info available on these grey market cars that I didnt have a base for an arguement. I basically used "BAT's" prices on nicer e30s to gauge my offer.

Considering the relatively low milage (81k) and the condition inside and out, I just couldn't let it pass me by. And, by no means will this car be a garage queen! It will be enjoyed but not beaten on.

Looking at the options, it is fully loaded minus leather seats. I personally like the cloth interior in anthracite way better. The auto tranny unfortunately works for me as of 2 years ago I was injured and lost the use of my right leg/foot so that was a no brainer.

As for the paint, at first I didn't care for it but, after revisiting g the ad for about 2 weeks every night it grew on me and I actually like it. Seems unique.

I haven't recieved the car yet, should be arriving tuesday so, I'll take some pics and give my impression since I haven't seen it in person.
                            sigpic

Comment

Sweet ride btw Replicam3cabrio!
                              sigpic

Comment

The options list says Recaros. Let's see them!
                                Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
                                A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Working...
                                X