Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

110k miles, refreshed all suspension other than springs. worth buying new OEM springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

110k miles, refreshed all suspension other than springs. worth buying new OEM springs

First, I will not buy aftermarket springs. I want the original ride.

I have an 87 325ic, I completely refreshed the entire suspension around 10k miles ago with oem parts. The only things I did not refresh at that time was the springs and the spring rubber perches.

Will I notice a big difference in going from the original 110k springs to new OEM springs? If so, what difference will I feel?

Originally posted by IS300E30 View Post
    First, I will not buy aftermarket springs. I want the original ride.

I have an 87 325ic, I completely refreshed the entire suspension around 10k miles ago with oem parts. The only things I did not refresh at that time was the springs and the spring rubber perches.

Will I notice a big difference in going from the original 110k springs to new OEM springs? If so, what difference will I feel?
    If the springs you have now keep your car within 0.5" of original ride height its doubtful you will notice any seat of the pants difference. Ride height, in your case, is the only metric I can think of as to why you would want to buy new OEM springs.
    When I rebuilt everything else on my 89 325ic, i still kept the stock springs,... until,.... I took it to the Vintage! Lowered it 2 months later, and luv it. So many lowered E30s, and everyone is happy to tell what worked for them, and it's looks great!
    I run 205/55/15's, on 8" square, et 20. Can't even get my pinkie between the strut and wheel but no rub at all.

Ride is just as good, and it no longer looks like Erkel, boarding Noah's ark b4 the flood. I run this car as a cruiser and it's great with top down.

Good luck, going to Vintage?

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BruceJ; 04-24-2018, 04:23 PM.
    89 e30 white vert
    88 e30 Red vert
    2003 330i sedan
    2011 E93 335is
    2007 Z4Si (gone)

Comment

Working...
    X