Best source for Depo smileys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best source for Depo smileys

Wanted to see what the latest best source these days is for a set of Depo smileys. I've seen them for $250 at ECS and 210-220 on Ebay but I read somewhere they're available cheaper, with shipping included. Thanks guys!
    Rokas
    1991 318i Convertible - Lagunengruen 5sp
    2013 Land Rover LR4 HSE

I got mine from here:
    1984-1991 BMW E30 3 Series All Models (Fits Coupe, Sedan and Compact). - Special 9005/9006 Wiring Harness are Included for Easy Installation,but earlier E30 models with sealed beam (H5006 / H5001) headlights will require re-wiring to work.

$161 + free shipping.
    Thank god, R3V was getting boring since the ginger kid wrecked his car. - Stonea

Comment

I have had a set. Since went back to OEM with H4s.

The glass broke out of two lights on different occasions while driving on the highway. No reason I could find other than poor quality. Just a heads up
      02/1992 E30 Cabrio
      02/1989 E34 535iS

Comment

I got a set off ebay for about $150, unfortunately the quality is lacking. I had trouble with the electrical connectors popping off, whatever goop they use to glue them in doesn't hold well. The actual housings seem alright, but for the price, I expected better. I've thought about getting some 5.75" LED motorcycle headlights (Harley Daymaker knock-offs and similar, this is the one I like the most https://www.aliexpress.com/item/5-75...811848608.html). Won't look like smileys but you can get them with angel eye halos, and they'd be way brighter, since one is meant to replace a single motorcycle headlight, and I'd have four of them.

Comment

So, I ended up going for those LED headlights on my e28. I'm not 100% sold on the look, but I think it would look better on a black car, and if I had black retention rings instead of bare metal. The light output is crazy.

These pics have one new LED light on the left, original sealed beams on the right. Low beam only:

High beam - only one LED lamp installed:

Some pics of the car in the light.
          Off:

Halos (DRL):

Low beams on, high beams keep halos on:

High beams on:

And slightly related, a bracket I built that holds the relay for the DRLs and a switch for engine bay lighting:

I plan on mounting my on-board battery tender to the bracket as well, and maybe a fuse block or a subwoofer fuse if I upgrade the sound system down the road. It bolts into a stock mounting location.

Comment

They certainly look great from inside the car.

Comment

Working...
            X