Spring differences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring differences

Hello, just trying to find an answer to a question I’m sure has been answered 1,000 times before, but I’ve spent a good half hour searching and haven’t found an answer.... I’m wondering if.....H&R OE Sport Springs 50404-55 every website that lists them doesn’t show them compatible with cabrio or ix models.... A member on the classifieds is selling them saying they were removed from his ix? So I’m confused if the springs will fit my 86 325e coupe....I really want the OE Sport springs but want to make sure they’ll fit my vehicle, can anyone help? I’m trying to find out ASAP, thanks!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Physically, they will fit, yes. They might not be the spring rate or give you the ride height you are looking for however.

Comment

Well I pulled the trigger and bought them so hopefully they workout for me.... every time I search the part number it says not compatible with cabrio or ix but this guy says they were pulled from his ix........ I guess I’ll find out once I get them. Can anyone tell me what amount of drop I should be expecting? Thanks!!!

Comment

About an inch front and rear.

Comment

they'll be fine on your e.. convertible springs have a higher rate in the back to compensate for the increased weight back there. Ix springs are taller to work with an ix ride height. It sounds like he put regular springs on his ix to lower it. Either way they'll be fine in your car

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
            they'll be fine on your e.. convertible springs have a higher rate in the back to compensate for the increased weight back there. Ix springs are taller to work with an ix ride height. It sounds like he put regular springs on his ix to lower it. Either way they'll be fine in your car

Awesome!!!! Thanks for the information guys!! I only wanna lower a little bit so the 1inch around would be perfect! It’ll be a little bit before install since I want new struts/shocks, but I’m happy that everything should fit! Thanks again all who replied!!!

Comment

Working...
            X