Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"ES" Early Valence Dimensions

Hi R3V,
    I'm looking to buying a new valence/lip for my car, and I was wondering if anyone knew the dimensions, of what I believe is called, an ES front spoiler. ---I'm not sure if that's what it's exactly called, but I put a picture of it just in case. --- It's for an early model with the metal bumpers.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

It's called a "cowcatcher". There were two versions, the ES and IS versions. The one in the pic above is for an IS and has cut outs for the oil cooler. The ES version is missing the central two lower cut outs.

Good luck in you search, as BMW stopped producing these back in the 90s
    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Thanks! I knew there had to be a better name for that!

Comment

What dimensions do you need? I have an ES air dam ready to go on my car

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
        Budget E30 Parts - Used and Reconditioned parts for your BMW

Comment

Like, how tall it is from the bottom of the lip to the top, and maybe how wide it is. I'm wondering just because my car's lip already scrapes on some extreme speed bumps, and I wasn't going to a different valence that may scrape more. So if someone knew how tall it is I could compare it with my valence and see if it was much of a difference. From pictures it doesn't seem to look that much taller or shorter, but I just wanted to make sure.

Comment

The ES/IS is approx 8" tall and fits to the underside of the diving board at the ends where it curves about 1" shorter at each end than the dimension of the diving board itself.

Comment

Working...
            X