Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M62 Coolant temp sensor for gauge

Hey fellas,

I have a question regarding setting up my coolant temp gauge with my 2001 M62TU.

These have the 4 wire "dual sensor" coolant temp sensor sitting on the thermostat, a sensor on the lower rad hose connector for the ECU to know when the thermostat opens, and a switch also on the lower hose to turn the E-fan on.

My question is - What can I tap into for the factory coolant temp gauge? The E30 sensor is a single wire, and the M62tu sensor is a 4 wire (dual 2 wires I'm assuming).

The water pipe on the back of the engine is blank where the M60 typically had coolant temp sensors. I'm hoping there is another alternative besides taking this pipe off and trilling/tapping/installing a 1 wire sensor here.

Thanks in advance.
    '86 E30
    '05 E53 X5
    '72 Firebird
    '10 Prius
    '03 Tundra

I think you can probably replace the pipe with an M60 or early M62 versiĆ³n to give you the sensor mounts.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
    Transaction feedback
    - jpod999

Comment

Easiest and cleanest solution would be to swap the rear coolant pipe for one from an earlier m6x ...or tap the existing one.
      Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

replace the pipe (water accumulator) with the earlier part.
        We're in deep now boys
        1988 325i SETA - Daily driver
        1988 340iL - Track car
        My M60 V8 swap thread here
        [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

i have my mechanical coolant temp gauge tapped right into the top of the water pump where the upper radiator hose connects. Also i removed the electronic thermostat and ran an inline.
          M30 is God's motor.....but Jesus drives an M60'd car -slammin.e28

Comment

Working...
          X