07 328i problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

07 328i problems

Well where can I start it’s a 328i 07 6speed. I been having fuel problems it turns off every time I press the clutch at any speed and the break at the same time trying to get to a stop. In traffic or at any stop sign.. I been getting codes for vanos codes for cam .. miss fires only on 1,2,3 ... when I turn it on now it stalls out or just keeps flashing engine light misfiring 1,2,3

done spark plugs, vanos sensors . Cam sensors . Oil change new filter ... about to do a new fuel pump and new dtml I need help from you Bmw wizards.. who do it there selfs... please keep your take to dealer inputs to yourself. I really don’t want to get assraped for something I could do it myself. Just need guidense

There were issues with the coils on these engines. Had issues with one cyl on my car, the stealer replaced them all under warranty.

Comment

I have two sets of coils. Which I have switch around ... and all comes to 1,2,3 ...I changed the valve cover as well because it was making that whistle sound . I get code p1449 and goes away after I reset codes for switching coils out . Don’t come back on. I turn car on. And just starts off poorly and keeps misfiring on cylinders. Sounding like a tractor... car has 142k and I’m just about ready to light it up.

Comment

They stopped making e30s in 1991, so you're definitely in the wrong section. I'll try to offer some help anyway, though.

Have you done a compression test? This is an N52B30, and BMW had some issues with loose head bolts on those early in the run (2007). If it's leaking around the head gasket in the front, that could cause a loss of compression and potentially a misfire.

If compression is good, then it's either air/fuel or spark. Check your intake manifold gaskets, make sure they're not cracked or blown out. Check all your rubber boots and hoses and make sure you don't have an air leak, too.

Check the fuel pressure with a gauge. There's a Schrader valve right on the fuel rail, it's easy to do.
        How to check your fuel pressure on a BMW using the shrader valve and a fuel pressure gage. Also describe and give examples of a bad a vehicle with bad fuel p...

Comment

Working...
        X