No announcement yet.

Hagerty Classic Car Insurance // Feedback rqst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone had real claim with them(or grundy) ? Low rates are all well and good, but if they're gonna screw you on your claims it doesn't do much good.

And how do they handle restrictions? I'd like to find an insurance plan more fitting for my m3, which doesn't see many miles, but I'd like to be able to drive it to work occasionally, and as I understand it a lot of these plans want you driving strictly for pleasure.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cferb View Post
      I'd like to be able to drive it to work occasionally
      That is one of the choices in the Hagerty online quote tool.
      Originally posted by kronus
      would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Nothing to offer on the above.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

'99 M3 - Estoril/M Cross
        '92 Mtech2 - Alpinweiss/Mtech Cloth
        '013 Taco DCSB 6spd
        '012 Golf TDi DD

Comment

Originally posted by 613EDRTY View Post
          Premium wise you cant beat Hagerty.
          That isn't the case for me. Hagerty was the most expensive of the three companies mentioned in this thread by roughly double, with fewer ancillary benefits.

Originally posted by nauqneyugn View Post
          ...through Grundy (for my M3), with $20k agreed upon value and unlimited mileage, I am paying $280 yearly. My Haggerty quote was around $800.
          The quote I got from Grundy (for 300/300/300) was roughly half the cost of the one I got from Hagerty (for 100/300/100). Both were for the same agreed value, though the additional Grundy benefits were included with what they offer as part of the policy; Hagerty charges for them a la carte (towing more than 10 miles, trip interruption reimbursement, etc.).

Grundy also offers unlimited mileage. American Collectors was within 10% of Grundy's quote, though both AC and Hagerty have an annual mileage cap of 2,500.
          Originally posted by kronus
          would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

i cant wait until im 25 now....i want grundy!

Comment

Originally posted by rcsoundn1 View Post
              How do you all get around the fact that all these companies require they reside in a locked garage? do you lie, or do you all have garages? Just lost my garages so im SOL.

You'll find another one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              sigpic
              Rescued 1986 325e Coupe
              1988 325ix Touring 5spd currently being rescued
              Ottawa, Ontario, Canada :finger:

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                That isn't the case for me. Hagerty was the most expensive of the three companies mentioned in this thread by roughly double, with fewer ancillary benefits.

The quote I got from Grundy (for 300/300/300) was roughly half the cost of the one I got from Hagerty (for 100/300/100). Both were for the same agreed value, though the additional Grundy benefits were included with what they offer as part of the policy; Hagerty charges for them a la carte (towing more than 10 miles, trip interruption reimbursement, etc.).

Grundy also offers unlimited mileage. American Collectors was within 10% of Grundy's quote, though both AC and Hagerty have an annual mileage cap of 2,500.
                dang. I just paid for my Hagerty policy - 15k value, some autox/HDPE use, low deductible, etc. $435/yr. but at least I can drive the E30 now. :p

AC did quote $150 more or so than Hagerty. Maybe next year I'll look at switching.
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                  dang. I just paid for my Hagerty policy - 15k value, some autox/HDPE use, low deductible, etc. $435/yr. but at least I can drive the E30 now. :p

AC did quote $150 more or so than Hagerty. Maybe next year I'll look at switching.

nice, and great info
                  My old Style 5 Thread / My Swap
                  1991 318IS :bow: 2.5L S14 Swap/BC Coilover suspension/Some new (old) wheels/
                  IS Skirt-Lip/RG Splitter/M-Technic I Spoiler/Dogleg/3.46 Diff/Euro H4 headlights etc.
                  1998 528I (Sold) // 2003 540I ///M Sport

Comment

hello my fellow canucks!

some of you mentioned that you're able to get your e30s covered under hagerty, how abouts was this accomplished?

ive submitted my application and was declined due the car not being a collectible.

if any of you can PM me your broker's info I'd really appreciate it!

as with most of you, my e30 is rarely driven so I'd like to just get some coverage for the weekends and stuff!

thanks in advance!

Comment

I've had my e30 insured with Hagerty for years. Mind you I needed a legit Profesional appraisal and pictures.

If they deem your e30 as not collectible it could be due to its current condition perhaps

I'm in Ottawa Ontario
                      Originally posted by flyboyx
                      i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

I sent them these pics...
                        so there shouldn't be any concern over the condition....still got declined!!
                        do you have a broker that you deal with? mind fwding their contact details?

Comment

Ahh k makes more sense.

They're pretty hit and miss when it comes to modified cars. Ultimately the insurance is strickly for driving to and from car shows (right?)
                          When I sent in my pics is was when my e30 was 100% stock.

5 years later the only visible difference is a slightly lowered stance and Ronal period correct wheels.

There is a broker online in this very thread. 613dirty I think is username. Reach out to him good guy

Edit nice e30 BTW. What steering wheel is that?
                          Originally posted by flyboyx
                          i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

$10K coverage $340 a year.

Approved in a day.

Comment

Originally posted by maxgohan View Post
                              hello my fellow canucks!

some of you mentioned that you're able to get your e30s covered under hagerty, how abouts was this accomplished?

ive submitted my application and was declined due the car not being a collectible.

if any of you can PM me your broker's info I'd really appreciate it!

as with most of you, my e30 is rarely driven so I'd like to just get some coverage for the weekends and stuff!

thanks in advance!
                              what year is it? if its a 90+ 325i/325iS you probably won't have much luck.

if it was a 318iS you'd be able to prove it was a low production car and sneak it in.
                              IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Hey its a momo wheel, not sure of the model...

Yea the car is a 91 325 so that would explain why I was declined

Sucks!

Comment

Working...
                                X