Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by efficient View Post
    Where did you go do autox?

With the scca at el toro. I've always enjoyed that group and location. Good organization and nice course layout. Sadly though it sounds like there's a good chance that was the last autox at that location. It sounded like there are plans to develop that area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
    Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by FreedomM3 View Post
      How did you like those comp 2's in the auto x?

When I auto crossed before doing the full suspension and the motor swap, they were decent. But now with the full suspension and the s52, they aren't really up to the task and honestly I didn't expect them to be. They're great tires for DD, but not so much autox as far as I've found. With the s52 power, I was easily breaking them loose everywhere. Couldn't put power down whatsoever exiting a turn and could barely even put it down in the straights. They quickly got overwhelmed. I also suspect they have a lot to do with the massive under steer I was fighting in nearly every turn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Shadetree30

Comment

You felt they did a good job with the M20? I'm thinking about running them because of price on a set of TRM C2's for "autocross" / " mountain runs". I was curious how they did in an e30..

I'm running M20 with bilstein sports and IE3's. I was hoping they would be a good match.
        Our RestoMod Diary!

El Mustache De La Resistance!

Comment

You felt they did a good job with the M20? I'm thinking about running them because of price on a set of TRM C2's for "autocross" / " mountain runs". I was curious how they did in an e30..

I'm running M20 with bilstein sports and IE3's. I was hoping they would be a good match.
          Yea, I think for the price they are a good tire paired with the m20. If you're just starting with the autox, I'd say run them until you wear them out and then depending on your goals you can decide what to do next.
          Shadetree30

Comment

were there people there taking pics? IIRC FRSport usually takes pics at the events. Maybe you can find some action shots
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              were there people there taking pics? IIRC FRSport usually takes pics at the events. Maybe you can find some action shots
              Hmmm I don't know. Where would I find pictures or who should I contact? I know I saw several cars with FRSport livery
              Shadetree30

Comment

In other news e30 related... I bought a zender evo spoiler :D

Plan is to spray it and my bumpers at the same time
                Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
                  Hmmm I don't know. Where would I find pictures or who should I contact? I know I saw several cars with FRSport livery
                  I think I found them on facebook and contacted them that way
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                    I think I found them on facebook and contacted them that way
                    awesome! Will do! thanks
                    Shadetree30

Comment

Did you buy the zender that was in the for sale section here?!
                      Our RestoMod Diary!

Comment

Did you buy the zender that was in the for sale section here?!
                        :devil: yes I did... couldn't let it pass. I've been searching for one for ages

If you don't mind a rep, these look pretty decent: rep wing Someone bought one and made a review of it and said it was a good piece for the price
                        Shadetree30

Comment

Its all good, i'll wait until another shows up! Get some pics up
                          Our RestoMod Diary!

Comment

How is the 25mm front sway bar? Understeer at all? What rear bar are you running?
                            Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

Its all good, i'll wait until another shows up! Get some pics up
                              Will do! I'm picking it up this coming weekend

Originally posted by Streichholzschächtelchen View Post
                              How is the 25mm front sway bar? Understeer at all? What rear bar are you running?
                              I'll reserve final judgement until I can do another event with a proper set of tires and stronger brakes. I was running bfg sport comp2 and stoptech street performance pads on zimmerman rotors with the stock master cylinder and the weaker 944 booster. I think I need to properly pair a MC for better brake performance first, revisit pad compound second.

Tires just weren't up to the task. They got overworked quickly and I don't think they provided nearly enough grip even at their peak performance. Planning on going with a set of 13lb or less wheels and bfg rivals.

All of that said, I had a lot of understeer. Front bar is set to the weakest setting. Rear is a 19mm bar iirc. I did the morning runs with it on weakest settign and afternoon with it disconnected. I didn't feel much difference, but I think that's because tires were the biggest limiting factor.
                              Shadetree30

Comment

I love this thread. So cool to see all the work you put into your car. I may have missed it, but where did you get your "garage" hut from?
                                fried chicken

Comment

Working...
                                X