Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car fire, anyone know about it? How hard is it to fix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car fire, anyone know about it? How hard is it to fix?

Apparently someone tried to steal his car by hotwiring it. Except they failed and started a fire instead. looking at buying it from him. thoughts?

The bad

Dash is melted
    Paint
    Engine milage is unknown odometer stoped working at 219k and hasnt work since i took ownership 4 years ago
    Few rust spots
    Will need new windshield
    Will need some interior work
    Will need new tires
    '87 BMW 325i - ground control c/o, condor bushings, 16x8/16x9 wheels - SOLD

'09 MazdaSpeed 3 - FOR SALE

I would just buy one that hasn't caught on fire.

that's just my 2 cents.
    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

There are quite a few things that do not add up about the description of that vehicle. I would steer clear. I know 2 people that have looked at it and walked away.

Comment

^^^ thanks bro. I texted him last night and tried to get info and he wouldn't tell me more than his description. I said straight up I had a trailer and cash ready to let me know when I can see it and he wouldn't respond. ill leave it alone now. appreciate it man

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
          I would just buy one that hasn't caught on fire.

that's just my 2 cents.
          yea but the ones that have caught fire are significantly cheaper lol.

Comment

Originally posted by lemansguy View Post
            yea but the ones that have caught fire are significantly cheaper lol.

Lol. You have a point there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

it'll stink forever... move on.... part it out...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              '90 325i sedan daily driven
              '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

No fucking way. An engine bay fire that's not too bad is totally reasonable to fix. New engine harness, some parts here and there, and you're good to go. Dash fire? Hard pass. You'd have to replace the chassis harness and there's no good way to make sure you're doing 100% correctly. Things will never run correctly.
                AWD > RWD

Comment

Working...
                X