A 50 year old Japanesse lady: SRL311 01228

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post
    Nice new parts! Awesome to see your canyon run, that alfa is pretty slick looking.
    Bought, not built...

Im really curious to see how my car does when I have my suspension sorted and my new timing setup installed. It will be interesting to see how this old motor with fresh tires and suspension will do against this big dollar cars
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Finally got to install the front Comp springs and Bilsteins. First side took a little longer than I had hoped but I didn't break anything so I'd call it a success. A little bit of headache here and there, but I finished it today. Won't get to take the victory lap until tomorrow or maybe later.

I should have the rear Bilsteins soon and hoping to get the Comp front sway bar.
      Simon
      Current Cars:

Comment

The rear Bilstein install got paused, but should be doen today if I use my "personal" day wisely... but I did get my seat! TSA searched it and allowed it to travel from Seattle to LA

Match! by 2mAn

I couldnt resist yanking the driver seat out and tossing this in just to see how it looked and fit. I think this is a perfect match!

Match! by 2mAn

I will still have to finish the work on the floors and also make some rails to mount these too. I have been brainstorming and hopefully will have something ready by the time I can meet up with my friend who has my welder. This is going to be fun!
        Simon
        Current Cars:

Comment

A 50 year old Japanesse lady: SRL311 01228

It only took a month but I got the rear Bilsteins installed!! Big difference and I’m getting more and more excited to take the car out

Old rear shocks were a huge bitch so I cut them off. That’s what you do with clingy bitches, cut them off

New Bilsteins . So good

It’s getting close to play time
          Last edited by 2mAn; 11-26-2017, 09:10 PM.
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

Tonights agenda was to get the EI distributor installed, but first I wanted to finish a few things inside the car and that basically ate up all my time. EI Distributor will have to wait for another day. Im not in a rush because I dont have a timing light and the car is running awesome right now haha

First was to finish up the rear panel. I already had it trimmed up and its nothing fancy, just some decent looking suede-like material that will cover up the metal thats been POR15'd. I have enough material left to cover the center tunnel as well. Its velcro'd on at the corners and a few center pieces to keep it down and also make it easily removable. #becauseracecar

Interior refresh by 2mAn

There wont be any real carpeting in the car, but the entire floor will get the sound deadening/ undercoating removed, rust will get the POR15 treatment and then some floormats. That will be the extent of the interior creature comforts. The goal then shifted to looking at what I needed to do to mount the seat and I started picking at the floor and knocking the loose stuff off. That kept me busy long enough for tonight. I plan to get some dry ice to help with the removal, but for now I will get the easy stuff off. Heres about where I finished up tonight.

Interior refresh by 2mAn
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

She’s still here and eagle eye viewers/ vintage-car aficionados will recognize the change

Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

Side mirror.

Comment

and Door trim.
                  1990 325i
                  2004 330i Individual 6-speed
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                    Side mirror.
                    DING
                    Originally posted by IceWhite View Post
                    and Door trim.
                    DING

and dust!...

I had always wanted to add a Talbot style mirror and I found one with almost the perfect dimensions for it to be a "bolt-in" but I ended up having to still drill a hole. Its not visible when the mirror is installed and is also not visible if one were to decide to go back to the OEM mirror.

I should be finally getting the R888s installed today too. Im very excited for this!
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

Enjoyed reading this, good work so far!

Comment

Loving the progress.

That seat is perfect!
                        1991 318iC
                        1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

Awesome to see the seat made it back home and into the car (even if just temporarily at the moment!).

The car is looking great! Give me some info on your workspace!

Lots of time spent in that seat on the floor, rocking back and forth, looking at my 2002.:nice:
                          clutchCTRL!
                          Move with a purpose.
                          - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                          - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                          - 2000 323i AT
                          2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Very happy with how things are shaping up!!

R888s fit! I was a little worried but there’s just enough room

They also fit on the Roadster! Lol

Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

I had a great MLK day. Took the Roadster out and ran a few errands with it. First, I went to Santa Monica Lock & Key on Pico with my trunk lock. Asked the guy if they could make me a key. They certainly looked like the place that could. He spent a few minutes looking at the lock, checking some books and came back to me saying, "This will either work perfectly or will fail badly." I replied saying that this has been the story of the Roadster, and was hopeful it would be perfect. Sure enough it was, so I had him cut me a 2nd key. Now I actually have a key that locks the doors and I could reinstall the trunk lock. I never lock the Roadsters doors, but having the trunk lock functioning was well worth the $30 they charged me.

Heres what I had been dealing with (notice the offset plate that should be fixed soon too!)

Details by 2mAn

Everything ready to go
                              Details by 2mAn

Functional. Its the little things that matter

Details by 2mAn

Next stop was at a self-serve car wash. I really needed to vacuum the crap out of the floors as Ive been chipping away at the floors. While I was there I wiped her down and snapped a pic. Im really liking the way she is coming together now. The looks wont change much from here

Driven by 2mAn

My friend was also off work, so I took the long route to his house. Pacific Coast Highway to Topanga Canyon Rd and then to the freeway. I stopped at the Scenic View at the top of the Road.

Driven by 2mAn

I also let him drive it and he really enjoyed it, I also enjoyed the pass seat, but I prefer the driver seat!.. I really hope to get the tank squared away soon, so that the only major piece left will be to pull the motor, change the timing components and then really enjoy it until its time to drop serious money on an engine rebuild.

One last thing I finally installed! haha

Details by 2mAn
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Your car looks good. Its come a long way.

Will
                                '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                                '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                                '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                                '88 BMW M3

Comment

Working...
                                X