This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
    Before I began the wiring for my swap I was very nervous about it. It’s really quite a bit easier to make an adapter than you’re making it out to be in your head. Spend some time going through the ETMs and reading through posts. Create a spreadsheet with a mapping. You’ll get it!
    This is good advice for 2 reasons:
    1) you save some money
    2) you learn significantly more about how your engine works and are prepared to troubleshoot problems or make further modifications in the future.

Just take your time and be methodical.
    sigpic
    1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
    1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
    1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
      ^looks so good, sounds so busy.

Swap time (m52b28 into '86 325) is coming very soon. Only thing I'm really nervous about is wiring. Anyone got any tips or tricks? Or would anyone be down to help me out when the time comes? Will probably start the swap in about a month. Debating just getting a harness made for the swap but would rather save some money there and do it myself.
      Assuming you have a round connector and similar build date, I have an 11/86 325 spreadsheet if you want. Its mapped to an obd1 s50 though so you'll have to redo the 24v side for your m52. Its easy to do yourself and you will be able to troubleshoot it better since you know whats going in the harness.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the tips dudes! Will get started with a spreadsheet this week and try and wrap my brain around it all.
        1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Everyone send positive / healing vibes for Pantless, aka the creator of this NorCal chat.

Sina

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
          1983 Peugeot 505 STI
          1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
          2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

what happened?
            1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

His e30 broke down and while he was on the shoulder waiting in his car for a tow truck a big suv hit him from behind. More details on his instagram

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
                His e30 broke down and while he was on the shoulder waiting in his car for a tow truck a big suv hit him from behind. More details on his instagram
                damn, thats terrible..
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
                  Oh fuck. I'm assuming he's alive since he posted on instagram?
                  sigpic
                  1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                  1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
                    Oh fuck. I'm assuming he's alive since he posted on instagram?
                    Hows your E30 situation coming along?

We always lose a few in the winter months because of idiot drivers
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                      Hows your E30 situation coming along?
                      Slowly. The total loss guy is more like a total flake (). He's on the east coast and will call me before 8am PST and leave me a message, but won't answer all day when I try to return his calls. Won't answer emails. It's super frustrating. He keeps telling me he's going to quit paying storage fees for my car, then never does. I feel like he's playing some sort of game with me, but it might be that he's either too busy or incompetent to do his job.

He's finally given me a fair offer, but now I need him to step up and send the settlement check. I'll post details of all the hoops this guy has made me jump through once I get a check in the mail and it clears. Hopefully it will help other people in this situation.

Next step is dealing with the personal injury part of the settlement. Yay.
                      sigpic

Comment

NOR-CAL General Chat.

For those of you that don't follow Spencer on Instagram. He took one hell of a hit.

Comment

:puppy:

Hope he recovers quickly. Im sure he is sore as hell. Thats a HARD hit
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

holy moly thats a crunch
                            1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Hot damm! Hope he is ok

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Not much for posting on the forums but anybody going to C&C SF this weekend? Wouldn't mind seeing some other e30's while I am out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X