Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know why my e30 is making this horrible noise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know why my e30 is making this horrible noise?

Just replaced the timing belt, water pump, IM gasket, All gaskets around throttle body, replaced the timing tensioner, fixed a vac leak or two, and now my car makes like a crunchy/rattle noise when the throttle is lightly tapped, as well upon startup.

Afraid to even move it out of the garage because it sounds so bad. When it's just idling, the engine seems fine, just when I give it throttle. Also, I gave it 30 percent throttle one time and it revved up and didn't stop. Had to turn off the engine.

Heres the video link to youtube:

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Thanks all

:o

Check your timing marks?
    AWD > RWD

Comment

Sounds to me like the engine is sucking in a large amount of air when revved up. If the timing is off, I would expect to have very bad idle. Yours is pretty smooth.

Comment

your fan is not hitting a lower radiator hose, or something? maybe one of the upper hoses is hitting when you rev it and it compresses a little from the water pump sucking water?

if you hada fan shroud, I would say the fan was hitting it but you don't. maybe one of the covers is crooked and one of the gears is rubbing? or maybe the alt or something is rubbing.

Comment

Working...
        X