*UPDATE: got a 93 M5 and still alive

1972 Jeep Wagoneer
    1975 2002 five speed

Check out:
    Elhartspeedshop.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mzollo View Post
      Yes the motor is gonna need a cam and some head work, and some compression to really make some power, it’s all baby steps. And as far as an airbox I plan to build one using foam core to mold fiberglass/carbon.
      I can imagine this will become quite the beast with more compression and a decent cam. Will you be CNCing/vac bagging? Looking forward to this quite a bit
      1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
        I can imagine this will become quite the beast with more compression and a decent cam. Will you be CNCing/vac bagging? Looking forward to this quite a bit
        As far as the intake, I’ve done some Fiberglass work before and a vac bag does ensure a good finish, it’s rather cheap in the grand scheme of things and not much effort. I’m actually excited to make it, i do enjoy working with the materials. Biggest thing is determining the size/shape of the airbox- not quite sure what to shoot for but there’s research to be done there

Comment

Loving the detail man, definitely sub'd

Comment

Awwwww yea- MS2 and coils just arrived from Ol frank Leogrande so this means if anyone wants an MS1 V2.2 modded for wasted spark let me know- I have about 100$ in it after the ignition drivers but I’ll take a fair chunk less than that.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	49E21C11-2F1C-4124-B07E-B3E6894C0C9F.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	7194127

Comment

So pumped. Yeah I've made vac bags from vinyl, its pretty easy/cheap and you can use a hand pump system if you dont want to make a venturi vacuum system to hook up to your compressor..if you even have a compressor. A hand pump would be plenty sufficient as long as you use the right breather cloth and everything, but I would imagine that you've already done the research for that being in aerospace and all lol.
              1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

So a little update here: Got some photos from Matt whose machining my flanges! Something about freshly machined metals makes me all tingly inside..

Beginning stage:

Name:	A28AC066-609F-4DBB-A576-414EB842D17E.jpg
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	7194176

Name:	22E30424-F793-4B70-AAFC-37B01B2039D0.jpg
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	7194177
                And this is showing the 1.75 tubing that will be welded on to each to give me a surface to clamp the 2” to 1.75” silicone reducers

Name:	D95CB7E6-29E5-4DC9-AA43-DA66AB4E1317.jpg
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	7194178

Can’t say again how happy I am to have these cause now I can do some mock up in car and get a real idea of how it’s all gonna look!

If anyone is interested in a set of flanges cost is 60$ and Matt lown performance has the correct drawing. 1/4” aluminum, 1 inch ish (haven’t decided) collar welded on each flange

Comment

Welding the the collars to each flange is an additional charge- 60$ covers materials and milling by themselves

Comment

Very cool, sub'd

Comment

Kinda want a set. I’ve got one of the early manifolds to experiment with..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                      2016 Ford Flex
                      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Subd for my future itb/lumpy idle single cam project.

Looks great
                        -Peter
                        '86 S52 coupe | Cotm: 6/18
                        '91 318is slicktop project
                        '14 F15 X5 35d M Sport
                        '00 Tundra

Comment

back from the dead with updates

So like I mentioned I had to take a step away from the car for a while until I settled down here in Dallas Texas. Now that I have im back with a few small updates.

First I was able to steal this Kirk 6 point cage from a local down here for 200$ delivered to my door, couldn't beat it so had to do it.

Name:	image4.jpg
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	7196634

Then a good friend from home offered up a brand new Sparco and slider for an even better deal of 300 together.. so I had to get that also

Name:	image3.jpg
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	7196633

Then I opened up the new to me "MS2" only to discover that it was in fact an MS1, but the seller was cool and refunded me so I put that money towards an MS3 daughter card, that should be arriving this week :)

Name:	image1.jpg
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	7196631

lastly the flanges turned out awesome, Matt really killed it. my Welder back home is going to add on the collars for me this weekend and I should have them in a week or two then I can do some mounting and build the throttle linkage! once that's done all that's left is to fire it up and hit the tuning hard. I will have more to post as I finish collecting the last pieces to the puzzle

Name:	image1 (1).jpeg
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	7196635

Oh and the silicone reducers came in the Mail as well so heres a crappy picture of an idea of what it will look like
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by mzollo; 04-23-2018, 10:55 AM.

Comment

damn you work fast. Glad to see progress picking back up.
                            1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
                              damn you work fast. Glad to see progress picking back up.
                              Trying to get this pig running so I can make cool noises and collect all the scene points.

Comment

awesome. so many scene points to be gained here.

Comment

Working...
                                X