Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your favorite religious or political quote.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hahahah God damn I wish I could think like you. Middle school being your standard for education and all. Very cute.

I guess you forgot to read this part, "I have another quote by Hitler that happens to be on the same note page as that one so Ill write that one too since its interesting." Interesting being key here. Write it down.

And the part where I mention John Lockes views on government being my favorite and most influential, not Hitler, "I have two by john locke that have been extremely influential to me." I cant believe I just had to source myself. You should take your mothers class again.

P.S. I greatly admire your 8th grade interpretation of Hitler.

Comment

whats YOUR interpretation of Hitler? You like quoting him to show how humanity can lie to itself?

Comment

Im not gonna derail the thread and neither should you. Im still confused how you took what I said to come to the conclusion I like quoting hitler. I explained it once, then quoted my self, and so here it is again in all its glory, "I have another quote by Hitler that happens to be on the same note page as that one so Ill write that one too since its interesting."

Here it is again with the important parts in caps, "I have another quote by Hitler that HAPPENS to be on the same note page as that one so Ill write that one too since its INTERESTING."

If you are genuinely curious about my opinion of Hitler you can private message me as again Im not gonna derail the thread.

Comment

"I always say, religion's a fine thing, taken in moderation." - Denholm Elliott as Coleman in Trading Places

Comment

Because such a quote from him is empty enough to nullify any meaningful sentiment. It's a farce and quite so with your defense of it.

"Ezekiel 25,17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil me. Blessed is he who, in the name of the charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."
            Politician's quote:

"You have the charisma of a damp rag, and the appearance of a low-grade bank clerk.
            Nigel Farage

Comment

Thank you Dozy

Originally posted by peter321 View Post
              Hahahah God damn I wish I could think like you. Middle school being your standard for education and all. Very cute.

I guess you forgot to read this part, "I have another quote by Hitler that happens to be on the same note page as that one so Ill write that one too since its interesting." Interesting being key here. Write it down.

And the part where I mention John Lockes views on government being my favorite and most influential, not Hitler, "I have two by john locke that have been extremely influential to me." I cant believe I just had to source myself. You should take your mothers class again.

P.S. I greatly admire your 8th grade interpretation of Hitler.

I fail to see what 8th grade has to do with this, A school teacher that has been watching the curriculum change over the last ehhhh 30 years or so has no meaningful insight to the direction its been nudged I suppose.

You had noted because you thought it was interesting, yet seem to not know of quotes with the same baser meaning, from much more.... how shall we say "legitimate sources" . Who seems to be left behind in 8th grade history again ???

Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God. - Benjamin Franklin

Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters. - Benjamin Franklin
              Last edited by mrsleeve; 10-06-2013, 01:46 PM.
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

nigel farage FTW
                “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

"What need is there for responsibility? I believe, that the horrifying deterioration in the ethical conduct of man stems from the mechanization, and de-huminiztion of our lives; a disastrous bi-product of the scientific mentality. We, are, guilty... Man grows cold faster than the planet he inhabits." -Albert Einstein
                  Last edited by pantelones; 10-29-2013, 08:47 PM. Reason: Typo, planet not planned! Ugh, for something I have remembered since the day I read it that is pretty embarrising...
                  sigpic

A man chooses, a slave obeys... Would you kindly?

Comment

A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master, and deserves one. - Alexander Hamilton
                    Originally posted by Fusion
                    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                      A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master, and deserves one. - Alexander Hamilton

A nation that requires a master is a disgraceful, and dangerous one...

"Society is like a stew. If you don't keep it stirred up, you get a lot of scum on top." - Edward Abbey

And...

"The unity of government which constitutes you one people is also now dear to you. It is justly so, for it is a main pillar in the edifice of your real independence, the support of your tranquility at home, your peace abroad; of your safety; of your prosperity; of that very liberty which you so highly prize. But as it is easy to foresee that, from different causes and from different quarters, much pains will be taken, many artifices employed to weaken in your minds the conviction of this truth; as this is the point in your political fortress against which the batteries of internal and external enemies will be most constantly and actively (though often covertly and insidiously) directed, it is of infinite moment that you should properly estimate the immense value of your national union to your collective and individual happiness; that you should cherish a cordial, habitual, and immovable attachment to it; accustoming yourselves to think and speak of it as of the palladium of your political safety and prosperity; watching for its preservation with jealous anxiety; discountenancing whatever may suggest even a suspicion that it can in any event be abandoned; and indignantly frowning upon the first dawning of every attempt to alienate any portion of our country from the rest, or to enfeeble the sacred ties which now link together the various parts." - George Washington
                      sigpic

A man chooses, a slave obeys... Would you kindly?

Comment

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
                        – Albert Einstein
                        “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                        Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

and one for rwh ha ha

Genius is a rising stock market.
                          – John Kenneth Galbraith
                          Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

"If you suffer, it is because of you. If you feel blissful, it is because of you. Nobody else is responsible, only you and you alone. You are your hell and your heaven too." - Osho
                            "I came into this world, not chiefly to make this a good place to live in, but to live in it, be it good or bad" -Henry Thoreau-
                            1991 318is - the cruiser
                            1989 325i - the rats nest

Comment

^good ones!^

I finally got my hands on "The Creature from Jekyll Island" written by Edward Griffin. The basis for the reasoning behind many of the political and economic quotes in this thread stems from what Griffin writes. Spelled out in clear day light is what has happened to 'our' very definition of money and its theoretical to pragmatic uses.
                              Any history/socio/political/economic classes, and the reading to go along with it, that I've taken have been rendered useless after the first 150 pages out of the 600 from this book.

The abandonment of the gold standard made it possible for the welfare statists to use the banking system as a means to an unlimited expansion of credit...
                              The law of supply and demand is not to be conned. As the supply of money (of claims) increases relative to the supply of tangible assets in the economy, prices must eventually rise. Thus the earnings saved by the productive members of the society lose value in terms of goods. When the economy's books are finally balanced, one finds that this loss in value represents the good purchased by the government for welfare or other purposes...
                              In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation. There is no safe store of value. If there were, the government would have to make its holding illegal, as was done in the case of gold...
                              The financial policy of the welfare state requires that there be no way for the way for the owners of wealth to protect themselves.
                              This is the shabby secret of the welfare statists' tirades against gold. Deficit spending is simply a scheme for the "hidden" confiscation of wealth. Gold stands in the way of this insidious process. It stands as a protector of property rights.
                              Alan Greenspan, 1966. Before he became chairman of the fed. Ironic no?

Comment

"Cash rules everything around me." - ODB

I posted that to be funny, but it's actually pretty true.

Comment

Working...
                                X