• Show
Clear All

Those wheels. What are they?

Hotness.
    IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by acolella76 View Post
      hindsight is 20/20 ;)

I would have cut off the stock perch, too. Installed these on a friends car and adjusting was a bitch with the stock perch still on

I am happy with the height and intend to keep it there. I no longer need the adjustability. Yes, the perch would get in the way of adjustments. The provided tool doesn't make adjustment much easier.

I just guessed a height, matched the two adjusters the same, and put them on. I really lucked out to get their height. Very drivable. No gaping wheel well.
      Last edited by CabrioPunk; 09-29-2011, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
        Those wheels. What are they?

Hotness.
        Thank you. They are missing their center caps. I just haven't put them back on.

They are 16x7.5 ET30. Stamped Borbet but marketed by their off-shoot CW. The caps had CW logs on them but removed for powdercoating. Very similar to Borbet Type C just without the exposed lugs. I do not know their name or much else about them

When I got them (chickened out powdering them white):

Comment

just did the same install on my vert. the stock springs were such a pain in the ass.
          but im suprised of the quality of the ride. i don't plan on doing anything really more then daily driving. very good buy for 400 bucks. id reccomend using good spring compressors.

im also planning on taking out the adjusters in the front and the perch in the back, but my oil pan is like 4 fingers from the ground right now
          www.cp-e.com

1989 Zinno 325i m52 turbo coupe
          2015 Ford Fiesta ST, Daily Driver.

Comment

^ Id recommend just cutting the front springs off. Skip over the compressor tool. They were trash bound anyhow.

Comment

Car looks great!!!

Are these stiff enough to drift decently?
              SEE THE MOST BORING M50NV BUILD THREAD HERE: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=288275

Comment

Originally posted by drummerchubbs View Post
                Car looks great!!!

Are these stiff enough to drift decently?

No. I recently drove an old car of mine that I sold with a set of JOMs. The rear is so so but the front is floppy as hell. Shocks are not valved anywhere near enough. IMO the suspension is very unbalanced even for street use. IMO IMO IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by shiboujin View Post
                  No. I recently drove an old car of mine that I sold with a set of JOMs. The rear is so so but the front is floppy as hell. Shocks are not valved anywhere near enough. IMO the suspension is very unbalanced even for street use. IMO IMO IMO.
                  Ok thanks for the honest answer. I will do occasional drifting but mostly just for looks.
                  SEE THE MOST BORING M50NV BUILD THREAD HERE: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=288275

Comment

Mostly for looks.

Comment

Pics of the coilovers/parts before they went on the car?

Comment

Not of this kit. MightWhitey has pictures of the kit in his FS threads.

Comment

Looks real good CabrioPunk

Comment

I just got mines on the yacht club vert. Many thanks to kershaw. We def cut all the springs. By we I mean kershaw. Hahaha. The whole thing took about 3 hrs with a noob like me turning a wrench for part of it. Def a lot faster than compressors. Looks sweet. Took it for a drive around the block. Had a boner. Wore sweatpants on purpose to show it off. Hahaha.
                            sigpicI'm playing the rest of this game under protest!!

Comment

need to get some better pics. and it actually took us less than 3 hours. 5:15 to 8!

cutting the springs is so infinitely faster than fucking around with a spring compressor. ever since one of those broke and nearly took off my face, i have a strong dislike for them. cutting them 95% of the way and then taking a hand sledge and tapping the spring (so the spring doesnt break while spinning death is in your hand) is very easy and takes only a few minutes.

the frame is only 4" off the ground or something ridiculous.

next step: fit that hard top!
                              AWD > RWD

Comment

Ridiculous? Try 3 inches with no motor

I kid, I kid. Looks great! congrats.

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

Working...
                                X