Incorrect Timing on m10b18i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incorrect Timing on m10b18i

Hi folks , recently i have refreshed the head cylinder with new gaskets and all the things that should be replaced , but now my engine doesnt have "power" in a highway the car just wont pass 100-120kmh ..
    Doesnt drink oil or water , all new sensors and the timing of the spark is correct but i dont know exactly the cam timing..
    I just aligned the sprocket with the timing spot on the timing chain cover , and on the bell housing it shoes the OT mark , on the head i just but the notch in the middle of the oil tube is this the correct one ?
    Should the lobes on the 1st cylinders point complety down or should be up in the middle of the rocker arms ?
    The car has a loss a power , even my mom´s clio baccara 1.4 75cv drives better than my 18i..
    Need to mention the engine if m10b18i from 84
    Thank you

That sounds correct. You may want to pull the valve cover and verify everything is correct. I'm not sure about which way the cam lobes point but if #1 is at TDC at the end of the compression stroke both valves should be closed and the lobes pointing away from the rockers.

You may want to check your valve clearance

Comment

I had my m10 for many years before I decided to tighten up the valves by a couple thou and it made an enormous difference in the top end
      Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
      Alice the Time Capsule
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
      87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

It sounds like your ignition timing is too retarded, how did you check it? I’d get a timing light out and make sure you’re good.
        Byron
        Leichtbau

Comment

Originally posted by thebutterson View Post
          That sounds correct. You may want to pull the valve cover and verify everything is correct. I'm not sure about which way the cam lobes point but if #1 is at TDC at the end of the compression stroke both valves should be closed and the lobes pointing away from the rockers.

You may want to check your valve clearance
          Dang , didnt remind the valve clearence..
          All the top of the vlves and rocker arms were regrounded too , the gap in a cold engine is 0.020 right ?

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
            It sounds like your ignition timing is too retarded, how did you check it? I’d get a timing light out and make sure you’re good.
            i have bought an ebay timing light but with no adjustment ..
            in the idle the notch on the crank pulley if of the pointing in the timing chain cover , but when i accelerate they aligned right up..

Forgot to say that i made a diferent exhaust and headers on the e30 , has a 4-1 steel home made headers and a staineless steel 60mm till the back exhaust..
            Gonna drop some photos .

Comment

Photo here we go..

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Damn it sounds so gooood

Comment

Working...
              X