Want to trade H&R springs for something taller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want to trade H&R springs for something taller

Just recently purchased this beauty. I'm loving it except for how low it is for me and my family. It has H&R springs but I'm not sure what kind. For reference, I've attached multiple photos from the side. I'd like to get sport springs if possible but would consider other options.
    Attached Files

Not an expert, but those look very low to my eye. My best guess is that those are H&R Race springs, their lowest & stiffest offering. Going up to an H&R OE Sport (their mildest offering) will gain you ride height and daily driver comfort.
    1988 325 Lachs Sedan SOLD

1989 325i Bronzit Beige 2 Door
    SOLD

2018 Volkswagen Alltrack SE DSG
    Past:1988 325iS Lachs 5 Speed

Comment

If you can make out the part numbers on the springs, we could identify which model they are.
      Byron
      Leichtbau

Comment

Thanks! I'll jack the car up when I get home and pull a part number.

Comment

I have a stock iS set if interested

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

Here's the photo! I tried doing a google search on them but still couldn't figure out what kind of H&R springs they were. Any ideas?
            Attached Files

Comment

Thats the sport cup kit after doing a part number search. I've wondered about that kit, how does it feel on the road? I have h&r race springs / billy's and its starting to get a little to stiff for commutes, which is why I ask. Like I said though, I have stock iS springs if you're interested

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

I ran the cup kit for years on my first e30. It is low and soft and comes with matching shocks/struts.
                1989 325i Alpine s52 coupe
                2003 540i M-Sport 6 speed
                2003 X5 3.0

Comment

I've got the Bilstein kit on a few cars (springs are made by Eibach for the the kit..) It's got a good balance that works considering how shitty our roads are in Portland.
                  1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                  2016 Ford Flex
                  2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Arnt those cup springs the same rate as oe sport, just lower? I was hoping these were race springs, oh well

Comment

Working...
                    X