Lip spoiler - clips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lip spoiler - clips

When you hit something with the front lip spoiler, does it typically break the clips? I guessing that one or two of the clips would break, then the spoiler would hang askew?

I'm asking because I just noticed that my spoiler is missing, but all the clips are present and not broken. It was there yesterday and I didn't hit anything. It almost seems like someone took it, which would be bizzarre since it's NOT even an "is" lip.

What do you guys think? Has anyone ever had one just fall off?

if you didn't hit anything, and the clips are all still there and not broken, i would lean towards someone having stolen it. those things don't just fall off. look around on the ground where your car was parked that night..
    if you find any of those little cylindrical expander pegs laying around you can bet your ass someone swiped it

We Will Rake You

Comment

Originally posted by Delphinitive View Post
      if you find any of those little cylindrical expander pegs laying around you can bet your ass someone swiped it
      clips are still on the car and not broken. IIRC, the expander plugs hold the clips onto the splash pan.

Comment

I would think the clips would break if you hit something because the lips themselves are pretty flexible. So I am going with the you got jacked consensus.
        sigpic

Comment

Dude that stinks for you, I do have a funny story about ours though. My girlfriend got to close to a curb and left hers at the doctors office for like 2 weeks until we found it when she had to go back lol. Our clips were gone.
          I feel like a fish out of water, most times.

Comment

how do u remove it though?
            Originally posted by e30e
            lose the old man bmwcca badge.

Comment

It depends how old your clips are. If they are the original clips, then they will most definately all break. If you replaced them all with new clips recently, then they may or may not break. It depends how hard of an impact it was.
              Scraping the lip coming out of driveways, I've had the lip partially pop off numerous times. I just clip it back in and go on with my day.

Erik

Comment

gives you a good reason to get a volvo lip

join the E30 Cabrio owners gruppe
                click here for details

Comment

haha, wow i learned my lesson with this one. my lip fell off one day coming out of mcdonalds. the parking lot is so steep no matter how you take it you scrape. It fell off i ran over it didnt realize till i got home it was gone. went back to get it and it was in perfect shape! as im walking out to get it it gets smashed by a large ford pickup. needless to say 10$ worth of clips will save you some serious heartache.

Comment

What are you talking about? Which model will fit?

Originally posted by OrganicMechanic View Post
                    gives you a good reason to get a volvo lip
                    I feel like a fish out of water, most times.

Comment

Originally posted by 88E30325ITN View Post
                      What are you talking about? Which model will fit?
                      740 i think. you can do a search theres a few good threads on it.

You guys should put 3 or 4 thin zip ties on the lip too so if it rips off atleast you have a chance of it hanging there until its fixed.
                      sigpic

Comment

If you look at a volvo 740 youll notice that up under the large commando bumpers something that looks like an IS lip mounted upside down. thats what your looking for. This coming from a previous volvo tuner there are PLENTY of these all over in junkyards and can be had for a few bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by erik325i View Post
                          It depends how old your clips are. If they are the original clips, then they will most definately all break. If you replaced them all with new clips recently, then they may or may not break. It depends how hard of an impact it was.
                          Scraping the lip coming out of driveways, I've had the lip partially pop off numerous times. I just clip it back in and go on with my day.

Erik
                          man i think i still have the stock clips , its so hard to get this shit out. i almost bent my valance trying to get the old clips out.:nice:
                          Originally posted by e30e
                          lose the old man bmwcca badge.

Comment

just get new clips, they are a $1 or so.
                            Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Working...
                            X