I read on the Internet that:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read on the Internet that:

In all of human history half of all the people who lived to 65 years old are still alive. Could this possibly be true?

The average worldwide life expectancy is only 69.4 years as of 2009, and it didn't reach 60 years until 1972, so I believe it.
    Last edited by Vince30; 04-29-2012, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Sounds likely. Our advances in Medicine have that effect. In the 1800's the average of death was 37-45.

Comment

^Yeah, but then, the population of the earth was below one billion people.

Comment

Shit is true. I just hope they can download my brain on to computers before I die.
          sigpic

Comment

sounds plausible.
            AWD > RWD

Comment

Can't remember the real numbers off hand but even back in the 1600's if you lived to be over like 21 your life expectancy was in at least the late 50's early 60's.

I mean shit davinci lived till his late 60's!

But as far as averages go...I'd say that's not an outrageous claim. Like Farbin said the amount of humans alive gas grown astronomically in the last 200 years.

Idk how they could even debunk that claim anyhow.
              Swanny!
              SUCKERS.

Comment

What?

Also, more people are alive now than have ever lived.
                grain of salt:p

http://https://youtu.be/H8gOAzYchAE:ot:

Comment

Originally posted by MAXELHOFF View Post
                  Also, more people are alive now than have ever lived.
                  We should probably make abortion illegal so we can grow more. The Chinese were killing children to keep population down, and here in the beautiful U. S. of A we have people voluntarily doing so, and we want to stop them? If you are against abortion just think of it this way, wouldn't you want to people that want to get abortions to not be breeding anywase?

Comment

Originally posted by woodisgood View Post
                    In all of human history half of all the people who lived to 65 years old are still alive. Could this possibly be true?
                    Infinite life past level 65?
                    1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                    You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Originally posted by Vince30 View Post
                      If you are against abortion just think of it this way, wouldn't you want to people that want to get abortions to not be breeding anywase?
                      The ultimate reason to be pro-choice. This family.......

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

I'm personally against having more than 1 child, but I'm certainly not going to go ahead and share that with anyone who has 2,3 or 4 children.

My gf and I are at odds over this issue. I want one kid and if we want more around, we can adopt. She wants to bring 4 more people into this world, I'm not down.
                        For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                        Originally posted by mbonanni
                        I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Originally posted by Swanny View Post
                          Can't remember the real numbers off hand but even back in the 1600's if you lived to be over like 21 your life expectancy was in at least the late 50's early 60's.

I mean shit davinci lived till his late 60's!

But as far as averages go...I'd say that's not an outrageous claim. Like Farbin said the amount of humans alive gas grown astronomically in the last 200 years.

Idk how they could even debunk that claim anyhow.

That and until recently infant mortality was DRAMATICALLY higher.
                          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

I read on the Internet that: ( 1 2)
                            woodisgood
                            El Oh-el.
                            1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                              That and until recently infant mortality was DRAMATICALLY higher.

That's the biggest reason we have increased the avg. life expectancy; keeping fuckers alive past the first year
                              BRUTE

Comment

Working...
                              X