MF42 Turbo. FS :/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MF42 Turbo. FS :/

Im creating a new thread in hopes that my drivetrain problems discussed in the last thread are all gone and never come back. Fresh start with better luck.

Heres the car during the first year or two I had it. Bought it when I was 16. Back when e30s were cheap. Was doing a timing refresh at this time.

And then

85mm cp pistons
    arrow precision rods
    balanced crank
    VAC dual valve springs
    One piece stainless valves
    bunch of other shit

And then. Excuse the poor quality of pictures..

Lambo parking like a tool. Look at that donk.

And then.

56mm's of BorgWarner balls. s200sx with a .64 turbine housing. I planned on going with a Kinugawa but the BW was less than a $100 more. I have a meth kit that I started installing yesterday but no pictures.

There is a lot more in the works right now but expect slow updates because Ive made the decision to go back to school. Full time school and work will be taking up most of my time. Going to be a bitch..
    Last edited by MF DOOM; 05-01-2016, 08:35 AM.

That turbo will be very nice!
    -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

So school has been whooping my ass. Its strange having to do homework again... Besides changing trans fluid today, absolutely no work has been done to the car :( I have a video thats uploading right now with a question about a whine from the trans.

I finally bought a daily though. e39 touring and its baller as fuck.

Snapped what I thought was a cool picture of some cars we have laying around right now. 442 wagon in the back, e46, then a belair wagon. wagons are so in right now.

And this is changing the trans fluid... pain in the ass

Comment

Heres that video. i only revved it to 3k. wtf? You can hear my frustrations in the video

Comment

Sub'd! I'm a sucker for red e30. I be watching my friend.
          Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

Which trans are you using now? G240?
            -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

G260

Comment

Time for ZF? :)
                -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

ehh.. If I go ZF then I have to get another driveshaft built(or source one from an e36?) and im not sure if my clutch setup will work with a zf.. not that it works now lol

Comment

stay 260. you aint gonna break that thing.

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
                    Ig:ryno_pzk
                    I like the tuna here.
                    Originally posted by lambo
                    Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Is that whine normal? Its fucking LOUD! Couple of dudes on e30tech said its normal and some said it wasnt. I guess really all I can do is drive it and find out

Comment

With the ZF you would need a different DS and you need to have it extended. No factory DS is the right length.

If you are 260 it should be strong enough and you dont need a new driveshaft. Much easier!!!
                        -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

no bitching allowed when you have straight cut gears in your g260

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
                          Ig:ryno_pzk
                          I like the tuna here.
                          Originally posted by lambo
                          Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Originally posted by wazzu70 View Post
                            With the ZF you would need a different DS and you need to have it extended. No factory DS is the right length.

If you are 260 it should be strong enough and you dont need a new driveshaft. Much easier!!!
                            False. No driveshaft fits the m42/g260 setup. I had to have this one built. Its 62 1/8" IIRC

Comment

I meant you already have the lengthened driveshaft for the 260 :) Anyone else will have to get theirs lengthened.

I had to get a large flange driveshaft extended 2" to fit the ZF in my car.

M42 gets shorted on everything :( 6cyl stuff is so easy in comparison!
                              -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

Working...
                              X