Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*CLOSED* Strömung Catback Part 2! 318i/is and 325i/is (July 2017)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoke to scott today, payment received and I should get tracking next week
    1990 325iX - sterlingsilber metallic
    1991 325i - lazurblau metallic

Originally posted by delamaize
    E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

Any chance I can still get in for a 318i exhaust? Pm'd too.
      Last edited by pb34; 07-27-2017, 11:30 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

Rec'd tracking number, and bought a new hanger kit. Anybody buying new exhaust flange gaskets and/or copper nuts/bolts??....or am I overthinking it?

I don't have rust
        1990 325i Coupe
        ///PNW e30 CREW

Comment

I bought everything from the headers back. Was about 160 I'm not giving it any excuse to leak.

Does your tracking have movement? Mine has none in 2 days ( says order processed ready for US) but supposed to deliver tomorrow)

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
            I bought everything from the headers back. Was about 160 I'm not giving it any excuse to leak.

Does your tracking have movement? Mine has none in 2 days ( says order processed ready for US) but supposed to deliver tomorrow)
            Everything headers back for $160?? What all did you get?

I was too lazy to create a UPS login to track it every step of the way. I only live 1 state north of production so I have a tentative date of 7/31 showing up on my order.
            1990 325i Coupe
            ///PNW e30 CREW

Comment

You don't need a UPS account to track, just put the number in google and it will ask you if it is UPS click that link it will take you to their tracking.

Mine says estimated delivery today but they don't have it. WTF?

I am installing long tube headers and having a resonator installed at the cat so got the header gaskets, 12 copper nuts, header to cat gaskets, catback to "cat" rings & the 6 copper nuts, I already had the rubber hangers and my actual hangers were fine.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Sorry I haven't read the whole thread. Scott also makes an angled 325i exhaust now, perfect for mtech kits. Same price as the standard straight tip 325i kit.

don't miss out..

EDIT: WARNING - works for mtech2, not for mtech1. see post 162 for pics

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                Strömung angled tip exhaust delivered today!

Yes it looks straight in the pics. but the muffler's angled when mounted. the ends of the tips are angled vertically as well.
                Last edited by bradnic; 10-01-2017, 09:24 AM.
                I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                DB vert plastic bumpers
                OEM Keys
                MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                91 ic Calypso 3.1
                86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Mine should be delivered today!

Last night I started to disassemble the exhaust on my car. Can anyone explain why the replacement hanger kit that I just bought has (3) locations for the rubber donuts? I bought the 325i kit in the link below. Check out the first picture, one hanger has a location on both sides for the donut.

1990 325i Coupe
                  ///PNW e30 CREW

Comment

Originally posted by MikeM View Post
                    Mine should be delivered today!

Last night I started to disassemble the exhaust on my car. Can anyone explain why the replacement hanger kit that I just bought has (3) locations for the rubber donuts? I bought the 325i kit in the link below. Check out the first picture, one hanger has a location on both sides for the donut.

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-2...er-hanger-kit/

The smaller rubber doughnut is the one that hooks to the rear pipes and a metal hanger that bolts to the rear subframe.

Comment

see the photo below. I'm talking about why one hanger has two clips on it (#1 & #2)

Last edited by MikeM; 07-31-2017, 10:48 AM.
                      1990 325i Coupe
                      ///PNW e30 CREW

Comment

I bought that awhile back, ended up just hacking off the unused one
                        not sure why it had 3 either.
                        1990 325iX - sterlingsilber metallic
                        1991 325i - lazurblau metallic

Originally posted by delamaize
                        E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

You would think they would sell two single hanger styles for the e30 crowd to save a few pennies. I'm guessing one kit fits multiple cars...some needing the two hanger style.

Comment

Any idea when we should expect to hear back about the 318 orders? Excited to get mine!
                            ▲ 1991 318is ▲ | Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by The_Lope7 View Post
                              Any idea when we should expect to hear back about the 318 orders? Excited to get mine!
                              once the 325i systems have been built and shipped, they will be starting on all 318 systems. I think a couple 318 systems are ready to be built, but they need more parts to build the rest.
                              '87 Vert, Black, 5-sp
                              '15 Civic Si, White - Daily commuter
                              '15 MB C300 Sport, White/Cranberry - Wife's

Comment

I made this handy tool last night to help get those donuts on. I strongly advise doing the same as it helped a lot. (1) long screwdriver, torched and bent, and a peanut grinder to clean up the end and cut to length.

1990 325i Coupe
                                ///PNW e30 CREW

Comment

Working...
                                X