No announcement yet.

Vintage at the Vineyards, May 22-24, NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like shade....around the lake sounds good Scott.
    Imported from Detroit

Comment

Likewise Jeff; and good idea about the E30 gathering at next year's event, having some sort of name tags would be nice too.

Scott, the lake sounds nice, but I really like the spot that the E24 guys got (underneath the large tree atop the hill.) I'm not sure how feasible that would be for next year, but a little bit more shade would be excellent in my book.
      - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
      E36 325i sedan
      E30 325i sedan
      Volvo 945T

Comment

I went this year it was a blast do it agian next year.
        FYI I was the 1990 325is with da black hood i talked to alot of the cabby owners and they told me to join the fourm!

Comment

Lake sounds awesome!!!

Comment

If 2002's couldn't fit around the lake this year, what are the chances of e30 fitting there next year? But I am all for it, on the far side of the lake it would be easy to get 2 rows going toward that little service road...

and SHADE, i have second degree burns from the sun. this isn't even a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaE30 View Post
              I like shade....around the lake sounds good Scott.
              Around the lake is fine with me. BamaE30, nice vert you have there. Love the wheels.

1991 325ic and 1991 318is

Comment

hey steve! the new interior on your other vert is damn hot! you were not kidding that it is very red...

Comment

Originally posted by ScottNC View Post
                  Great showing e30 guys (I think the total count was 63)!! What would you think about being parked around the lake next year?
                  around the lake works for me too! where are u going to put the 2002's?

Comment

I know it's a long way off but here's my initial thoughts.

* Since Sharkfest is moving back to April , there won't be as many 6ers so I'll move the 2002s to the hill in front of the bandshell.

* Since the area around the lake is best suited for smaller cars, that will be for the e30s (you had 63 this year, I'm betting there will be more e30s next year).

Switching display areas around helps the event feel different each time and everybody's photos aren't the same from year to year.

If you guys have one representative who can stay in touch with me, I am more than happy to work with you. If you want to do things like put up an R3vlimited sign, present an e30 award, etc. just let me know. BUT, anything you all want to do must be approved by me first, the biggest reason is that I need to know ahead of time what the heck is going on. Can't just show up the day of the event and ask me if something is OK to do.

You guys have impressed the heck out of me. Your camraderie and the way you rallied the troops to attend together was awesome. I might not be checking back very often so once a representative is picked have them email me.

happy motoring,
                    Scott Sturdy - festmeister
                    scottsturdy@yahoo.com
                    Last edited by ScottNC; 05-29-2009, 04:35 PM.

Comment

I apologize, Scott, for asking to announce r3v meet spot. We should have planned ahead, but I didn't see such a huge turn out for us. Next year we'll definitely be better organized and possibly through some money together for some sort of giveaway.

I can't wait till next year, it was so awesome, I'll be day dreaming and preparing entire year.

Comment

No I apologize, I was in the middle of getting a couple of things sorted out and was hoping i didn't come off as an a-hole at the time. That was a good example of how many different directions my brain is going the day of the event.

Things pop up like "the band forgot to bring chairs, are there any they can borrow?"....didn't they know they were going to be sitting down? AAARGH, Craziness!!

Comment

Working...
                        X