• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jordan
    Originally posted by kylebes1
    Originally posted by Jordan
    Originally posted by OLLIE
    do you have no rear fill? ie. no shelf speakers, just front components and the sub?
    Only front components and the sub right now.
    does tha balance sound good? or does a four channel headunit make a differece?
    Of course it sounds good. I'm not sitting in the backseat....
    My headunit is 4-ch, and does not power any speakers.
    That is what my external amps are for.
    Rearfill is more for rear seat passengers.
    As I have said before I do not know much about ICE, so when you wire for the amp waffleswaffleswaffles sthe HU have a seperate output for bass only or what?
    I think I am just gonna get soem of the door tweeters and two 5.25s with a sub in back.

Comment

Head units normally have RCA inputs for subs.

97 Cosmos M3

Comment

and would i need an equalizer or passover to get the bass signal alone?

Comment

Crossover

97 Cosmos M3

Comment

oh yeah the other is a celebration, funny.

So I just need a HU, passive( i guess) crossover, heavy wire, an amp, a 10' sub (I'll probably just use the JL everyone else likes, my buddy has one in his Prelude that sounds great) and is there a need for a stiffner?

Comment

and would i need an equalizer or passover to get the bass signal alone?
              No, any good head unit will have a dedicated set of preouts for the subwoofer. And any good amp will have the crossovers to set the specific frequency you want going to the sub.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

is the amp adjustible? that is somthing I would be afraid to mess with, all I know how to adjust is the bass, mid, treble thing on the HU. LOL

Comment

is the amp adjustible? that is somthing I would be afraid to mess with, all I know how to adjust is the bass, mid, treble thing on the HU. LOL
                  You might just want to drop your car off at a shop and have them do it...

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
                    You might just want to drop your car off at a shop and have them do it...
                    Might?

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
                    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

no.

i think i can handle the hardware side, I'll get Erick to help me, and then the sound tuning i will just go at it with both feet in

Comment

I do not have much background with subs and stuff, but like Jordan once said, I do not have a book. I learn quickly and like to learn as much as I can.

The only system I have actually seen in place was my cousin's 740i that has two cheap 12s and a amp with about 20 little knobs that I had no idea what each was for.

Comment

Thanks guys you've been a help.
                          soon the box design will be on the computer and with the aid of software and the genius using it i will have the plans ready to make my custom box to fit perfectly, sealed up against the firewall and ported up under the right rear speaker grill (tuned ofcourse). no rear fill, front components on my xmas list.
                          the sub i am using: pioneer VCCA 12" the amp an old sherwood not sure the specs it's very good for low-mid bass.

one last question Jordan. the back seat is yours solid foam or spring? i'm a little concerened about how dense my foam back seat is and the negative effect it will have.

does anyone know how to get hold of the e30 back seat rest with the arm rest in the middle (jap style)

Comment

My rear seat is a M3 one. They are all foam.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
                            https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Working...
                            X