Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UUC e39 540i Flywheel set is on sale. good deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UUC e39 540i Flywheel set is on sale. good deal?

OE-size V8 Flywheel and Clutch kit (moderate weight) - E39 540i Please choose clutch style: Performance Organic; Segmented Kevlar; Flywheel only, no clutch; CeraMetallic. Your car:: 540i.

Hi, I have been doing a lot of research on the flywheel/clutch combo that I might want to use for my m60 with a zf 5 speed swap, I have some questions though. I know that alot of you guys a JB e39 540i flywheel with a 240mm clutchmasters e36 328i clutch. Is this setup to keep cost down since uuc seems a bit expensive. But as of right now the uuc setup for a e39 540i is price comparable.
    Opinions? is this a good set up? will it work?:grin:
    thanks!
    My CA legal M60 swap

The happening in our garage

Originally posted by 36brua View Post
    http://store.uucmotorwerks.com/oe-si...40i-p1286.aspx

Hi, I have been doing a lot of research on the flywheel/clutch combo that I might want to use for my m60 with a zf 5 speed swap, I have some questions though. I know that alot of you guys a JB e39 540i flywheel with a 240mm clutchmasters e36 328i clutch. Is this setup to keep cost down since uuc seems a bit expensive. But as of right now the uuc setup for a e39 540i is price comparable.
    Opinions? is this a good set up? will it work?:grin:
    thanks!

We are using the 328i clutch because it's compatible with the ZF320. The 540i clutch is not. The clutch disc needs to match the trans input shaft.
    85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
    e30 restoration and V8 swap
    24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
      We are using the 328i clutch because it's compatible with the ZF320. The 540i clutch is not. The clutch disc needs to match the trans input shaft.
      Somehow that makes perfect sense. !:D
      Read so many threads about this.. forgot about the splines not matching
      THANKS
      My CA legal M60 swap

The happening in our garage

Comment

I used to have an '03 540i M-Sport II. The only thing I didn't like about that car was the way the clutch felt and how the sloppiness of the shifts.

I used the UUC "Ultimate" setup using the lightened flywheel and the OEM 850i clutch. I installed that at the same time as a UUC shifter and Rogue selector rod. I spent about $3000, but changing gears was just a damn pleasure.

If you go down that route, just make sure you swap the slave with the correct pusher like the instructions say. The shop that installed mine didn't read it and I burned through an $800 clutch aweful fast.

I'm really curious how their twin clutch setup works, seems intriguing.
        -Brandon
        '86 325es S50
        '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
        '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
        '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:
        S50 TMS chip for Schricks

Comment

Working...
        X