No announcement yet.

having an issue getting my S5D 310Z up into my M60 E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Just purchased the garagistic mount arms as well as the revshift mounts. Just test fitted the motor + 6 speed tranny last week and it fit without banging out the trans tunnel in the forward position, but id like to move it to the rearward position, so ill make adjustments. As for the subframe, it is resting on the tabs for the steering rack, but clearance to the subframe itself in the center is about 1". Since I'm going to be installing an e36 steering rack, instead of using spacers to space it down, my plan is to cut those top tabs off and re-weld them to the subframe slightly lower. that will solve the clearance issue as well as fit the e36 steering rack properly.

I will probably end up welding the motor mount reinforcements on top of the subframe as well, instead of underneath. This will also slightly help with the clearance.

Comment

Originally posted by garagistic View Post
      We apologize. It says on our website that these are made to order/preorder (and it can take 2 weeks for delivery), we dont stock them. We always send out tracking numbers via paypal. We are available by phone/email as well. We want to make sure all our customers are satisfied.
      your product is good, your service and site are unacceptable. I am not at all satisfied with my purchase on this setup although the quality is excellent, as is the fitment.

I have purchased four or five dozen ODO rebuild kits over the years and those orders have been great and I even got bulk discounts.

I made sure to order the mount kit through your eBay page because they were listed as 'in stock'. never was it listed anywhere they're build to order. I could have and would have laser cut and welded my own mount sets had I known I would have had to wait the majority of a month for them to arrive.

Originally posted by Vtec?lol View Post
      Those e34 mounts will settle and your oil pan will start rubbing the subframe.
      I have the same mounts and when I ordered them, their website claimed that 540 mounts will work however they don't.

Someone later figured out that the e39 tds mounts were much taller which would help and so I've had to buy another set of mounts that totals about $400 in mounts and the first pair I cant even use.

This is my only gripe with the garagistic mounts. Sure they're cheaper but if I had to do it again I would get the 300mm mounts that can use regular 540 mounts. That and the fact that garagistic later changed their statements so they now claim "our mounts are designed to be used with e39tds mounts". Sure.... design your product to use the mounts that came on a car that was never offered in the us that forces us to purchase mounts shipped from germany at $100 a pop.
      I never saw that E34 mounts would work. that being said, they probably will settle, but 3/4" of settling? seems unlikely. if it does, I'll add machinewashers, no big deal. as of right now the engine has been sitting on the mounts for a few weeks and no change in pan clearance so far.
      1991 E30 M3 Brilliant/black - S54B32/5M
      1990 E30 318iT RHD Lagunagrun/tan - S52B32Turbo/5M
      2011 E82 1M VO/blk/6M
      1991 E31 850i red/grey/6M
      1997 F355 spider red/tan/6M

Comment

had a little fun after getting it idling right.
        2011 E82 1M VO/blk/6M

Comment

Wait, did you do this whole swap in 2 weeks? Or did you just start this thread late into your build? Either way good work man!
          Originally posted by 36brua
          Isn't that what these forums are all about making stuff easier... OO no never mind this is r3v...
          Patryk:up:
          Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 325is ///M-Tech II
          08 VW .:R32
          04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

about two weeks, give or take. not completely done yet. need to fit my second heater hose and overflow tank so I can fill it with coolant and I need to run two or three wires to get the oil pressure, gauge temp and tach working but other than that, she's good to go.

...need the ice to melt so I can boil these tires away!
            2011 E82 1M VO/blk/6M

Comment

Working...
            X