No announcement yet.

error code 210 CAN-bus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never had a 210 popup on any of our chips, as long as the coding is right for auto or manual. Sorry, misread a little of the thread (was trying to answer too quickly). I'll dig around a little in the coding and see what I can do. How did you go about clearing the codes? Have you done a full power cycle (disconnect battery, hit the brakes, wait 15-20 minutes, reconnect)?

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
      Good luck. I've had the can bus code since the first time I started my car 3 years/25k miles ago. Tried auto and manual harnesses, multiple DME's, stock and various aftermarket chips (including DUDMD), etc... Never once went away.

The manual non-ews (404 DME) 540i's must have something connected to the harness somewhere to prevent this code. I've yet to find anything in the schematics that looks relevant though. Non-EWS manual 540i's (404 vs 484) aren't very common either. It may very well be something in the DME itself...
      I thought I remember reading about guys doing manual swaps in 740i's having to loop a connection somewhere to stop a code. Possibly the same thing?

Comment

My set up currently has '404' DME from auto. Is there any problem running a '484' manual DME besides ews ??
        Thanks
        My CA legal M60 swap

The happening in our garage

Comment

Working...
        X