No announcement yet.

Headliner Repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been thinking for a while now to redo my headliner as it's being held up with a couple needle pins. I asked my local upholstery shop here in Belgium and gave them a sample of my original one but they can't seem to find the correct fabric.

When you search opal gray winchester 1/8" foam from the quoted post of Roadrunner, there seem to be plenty of suppliers over in the US.

Does anyone know how much meters, feet or yards you need? Is the fabric for the sunroof also foam backed?

1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
    1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

When I pulled my headliner, none of it was foam backed. It was just thin fabric glued to the headliner board. So for fabric measurements you can just measure the length and width of the headliner to get a rough estimate.
      1990 320i RHD Touring (slow project)
      1988 1JZ-GTE Shaved/Wire tucked Coupe (old project-scrapped and stripped)
      2004 Subaru Forester XT

Comment

Originally posted by KingDaKa View Post
        When I pulled my headliner, none of it was foam backed. It was just thin fabric glued to the headliner board. So for fabric measurements you can just measure the length and width of the headliner to get a rough estimate.
        When I push on the headliner I'm pretty sure there is some foam under the fabric. If I'm not mistaken that's the reason why the headliner falls down as the foam gets old an deteriorates. Yours might have been reglued as some point in time?

1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

When I pulled mine, none of it was foam backed either.
          I bought my new fabric and glue here: https://www.schuimrubberbetaalbaar.n...bekleding_464/
          Not sure how much you want to spend, but this is a good option if you want to keep it cheap. I did my headliner + sunroof with 3 meters fabric + 3 cans of glue.
          I had a sunroof-length leftover.
          They ship to Belgium, and you can just request a free sample.
          No affiliation with this company btw. Just a happy customer.

Comment

Ok, cool. samples requested we'll see how good it matches the original fabric.
            thanks

1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

No problem. I doubt it will match the original fabric though, but it looks and feels good.
              I went from beige fabric to pitch black (my touring is Diamantschwarz), so I had no intention to keep it original.

Comment

Working...
              X