Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POLL: Orlando Meet

Please vote and comment.

I want to put on a meet in Orlando when the weather is cooler.

I have a few ideas and want to get input on whether or not members would attend. I suspect the total number of participants might have to be limited based on venue capacity. So initially the invite would be to R3V members.

This meet would be for BMWs e30 and older. In other words, round headlights.

Topics for discussion are:
    1) Car Show
    2) Swap Meet
    3) Tech Sessions
    4) Cruise

Post your thoughts. Thanks.
    Car Show
    22.81%
    Swap Meet
    17.54%
    Tech Session
    8.77%
    Cruise
    24.56%
    One day event
    15.79%
    Two day event
    10.53%

Well I'm pretty much up for anything. I'd just love to finally get together with some BMWs from the area. Trying to do tech sessions might be a bit much at this point though. If something eventually starts happening on a regular basis then that might be an idea.
    If at first you don't succeed, find a bigger hammer.

Comment

I agree. I could incorporate a stop at a local garage or paint shop or a tire shop during the cruise.

Food and restrooms are usually a consideration

I do like the idea of including a swap meet. Sometimes you find a bargain and sometimes you load all your parts back up because no one has the $$.

Comment

im down for pretty much any of those. when are you planning on this happening? maybe ill have my s50 in. swap meet would be good too if people actually have stuff.

Comment

Any ideas for a meeting place yet? Of course that will have some dependence on how many people end up being interested I suppose.

Comment

As far as dates go, probably spring. I know that is a ways off but once the heat is over, the holidays start.

I have had more success organizing meets in March-April-May. Plus I will be finished with my treatments and stronger.

Additionally it will give me time to organize it properly. Example, if we have enuff interest in a 2 day event then I will try to get a group rate at a local hotel.

I am just in the planning phase and gathering info from members.

Comment

i down for meet

I've always been proud of being a Marine.
              I won't hesitate to defend the Corps
              "Supersquad"

‎"Prostitutes are a sub-category of Amusement Parks"-

Comment

Would be a strong motivator for me to get down to my garage and get my car off jack stands... Count me in.

Comment

definitley count me in on this one, ive been watching and waiting for a localish meet up of r3v members and e30 freaks since i bought mine. i also agree a swap meet would be a good thing as well.

also, bimmersmith, you know of footewerks out there in mount dora?

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmersmith View Post
                    Any ideas for a meeting place yet? Of course that will have some dependence on how many people end up being interested I suppose.
                    One year I was granted access to a huge aircraft hangar. It was at a private airport near Mt Dora. That year it was free. I doubt I would be able to get that deal again. I still plan to ask.

I will have to keep it in Orlando area as time and coordination are big factors.
                    The venue will be good. Open to locations if you know of any that would be willing to accommodate cars and drivers.
                    Last edited by FL318is; 06-22-2009, 05:20 AM.

Comment

Are you talking about the airport right on 441 up near Zellwood?

And yes, I know of Footewerks, That's my uncle.

Comment

thats cool. yea its early notice but it gives everybody time to get prepared and clear their schedules. im down for anything along those lines and it would be nice to finally meet some people with e30's and give me a chance to learn more first hand.
                        DENY IGNORANCE!
                        Schwarz 325-totaled
                        brilliantrot 318i-daily

Originally posted by mkcman17
                        don't think your hamster wheels are fast now. you will still have to give up when trying to pass that V6 odyssey to make your offramp.

Comment

Yes, that airport.

Back in the day I used to flight instruct there. I am going to give them a call.

Comment

Ok yeah, I drive past that airport all the time going to my cousin's house in Apopka, whose husband has an '87 M3 that I've been helping him do the tuning on. Maybe I can get him in on this thing too.

Comment

im down but i wont be here on the 4th of july weekend
                              1990 325i BMW

Comment

Working...
                              X