POLL: Orlando Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bimmersmith View Post
    Ok yeah, I drive past that airport all the time going to my cousin's house in Apopka, whose husband has an '87 M3 that I've been helping him do the tuning on. Maybe I can get him in on this thing too.
    Sure. As I get closer to plans I would like to get his email or give him mine. The airport (private) has other residents located there on the field. The airport went out of their to accomodate. That being said I had to restrict the amount cars that could participate. I imagine 30-35 cars will be possible.

I welcome all round headlights. I will put him on the list as 87 M3.

Comment

ah, so that would have been your car in his garage with the head off. i seen it when i picked up the e12 he gave me from his shop. i envy your resources.

Comment

Glad to see people good people coming together. I met a bunch of great car people in Denver on line. Here in Orlando I met some great people too, here is a link someone gave me last week http://cfbmw.org/ it looks like they do some cool stuff as well.

Comment

No offense to any of the cfbmw people, cause I don't really know them personally, but from what I've heard from friends who used to run with them, and from a little that I've seen, the guys from there that usually show up to their meets and such are generally more interested in hanging out and drinking than any car related activities.
          If at first you don't succeed, find a bigger hammer.

Comment

FL318is are you a member of floridagerman.com? posting a thread about this there would be a good idea. a good amount of bmw drivers on there, even though a lot of them are e36s. ive already got a good amount of 'cool kid' e36 owners hating me there so me posting it wouldnt do much.

Comment

Originally posted by lennon View Post
              FL318is are you a member of floridagerman.com? posting a thread about this there would be a good idea. a good amount of bmw drivers on there, even though a lot of them are e36s. ive already got a good amount of 'cool kid' e36 owners hating me there so me posting it wouldnt do much.
              I like the idea and may post it there later. Right now I have to confirm a decent location. Make sure its free and dosen't infringe on "permits" or "public gathering" issues. All of this is pretty easy, BUT, most freebie places ask to limit the crowd size.

This being said I want it open first to R3v members. If you have a friend with an e30 or older ( e30s and older BMWs is all I am going to invite) then let me know and I can make that happen. I have only posted it here on R3V.

There are boatload of BMW events open to all makes and years. I want to keep this one exclusive. Cuz my brother, if you drive a round headlight BMW ya got class baby. Driving the older BMWs is just something you understand. Can't explain it.

I am going to keep it free, offer prizes from vendors, try to get a food concessionor (sp?) to come out. Hopefully I can find a parts vendor who would like to offer a prize and demo the DIY on the car, right there. HID lights come to mind. If I keep it to e30 and older, more vendors give because they know there part will most likely end up on the car and not ebay

There will be trophies in 5 categories. Trophies will be awarded based on votes from all the participants. No Peeble Beach Judges. Just us enthusiast liking what we see. This is not a Concours Car Show but more of members with vision for e30s and older.

Keep the ideas coming. This is our event. Lets make it a tradition.
              Last edited by FL318is; 06-26-2009, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bimmersmith View Post
                no offense to any of the cfbmw people, cause i don't really know them personally, but from what i've heard from friends who used to run with them, and from a little that i've seen, the guys from there that usually show up to their meets and such are generally more interested in hanging out and drinking than any car related activities.
                +++1

Comment

Originally posted by FL318is View Post
                  I like the idea and may post it there later. Right now I have to confirm a decent location. Make sure its free and dosen't infringe on "permits" or "public gathering" issues. All of this is pretty easy, BUT, most freebie places ask to limit the crowd size.

This being said I want it open first to R3v members. If you have a friend with an e30 or older ( e30s and older BMWs is all I am going to invite) then let me know and I can make that happen. I have only posted it here on R3V.

There are boatload of BMW events open to all makes and years. I want to keep this one exclusive. Cuz my brother, if you drive a round headlight BMW ya got class baby. Driving the older BMWs is just something you understand. Can't explain it.

I am going to keep it free, offer prizes from vendors, try to get a food concessionor (sp?) to come out. Hopefully I can find a parts vendor who would like to offer a prize and demo the DIY on the car, right there. HID lights come to mind. If I keep it to e30 and older, more vendors give because they know there part will most likely end up on the car and not ebay

There will be trophies in 5 categories. Trophies will be awarded based on votes from all the participants. No Peeble Beach Judges. Just us enthusiast liking what we see. This is not a Concours Car Show but more of members with vision for e30s and older.

Keep the ideas coming. This is our event. Lets make it a tradition.
                  Preach it, brotha.

I'm hoping to get a bunch of work done on my 2002 over the summer so this meet should help get me motivated to empty my wallet.
                  If at first you don't succeed, find a bigger hammer.

Comment

^^^^ Looking forward to it. I know this will be a great event.
                    Maybe I can even get my skirts mounted by then.

Comment

i havent been this excited about something since rockfest. cant wait to see how its gonna turn out. hopefully ill have some time to get my car ready for this.

Comment

Originally posted by crashoverride7 View Post
                        i havent been this excited about something since rockfest. cant wait to see how its gonna turn out. hopefully ill have some time to get my car ready for this.

Glad to hear. You have time but, get started. I have to get my skirts mounted and do a 100 small things.

The car show and trophies will be fun. Don't want it to be more serious than it is fun.

Once we get closer I will be mailing registration packets including a map.

Comment

JULY 18th

New developement. We are going to try a smaller meet and drive on July 18th.

Follow this link

Comment

Working...
                          X