July 18th - Orlando R3V Member's Meet and Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July 18th - Orlando R3V Member's Meet and Drive

Based on the response to a Meet in Orlando it has come to my attention that we have enough local e30 and older BMWs to have a gathering sooner. So get ready.

When: July 18th, Saturday 830 am, drive starts promptly at 900 am
    Where: Converge at Starbucks, drive to Mt. Dora

http://www.starbucks.com/retail/locator/MapResults.aspx?a=1&StoreKey=97631&IC_O=28.7128277 800751%3a-81.4191948690561%3a32%3a+32779&GAD1_O=&GAD2_O=&GAD 3_O=+32779&GAD4_O=&radius=5&countryID=244&dataSour ce=MapPoint.NA

Springs Centre
    1195 Springs Center South Blvd
    Altamonte Springs, FL 32714
    407-682-1136

After coffee and conversation, we will drive into Mt. Dora on some backroads. The drive time one way is about 45-55 minutes based on traffic. I will have maps for everyone.

Once in Mt Dora we can eat breakfast and take some pics.

I picked Starbucks because it is middle ground for most of us and its just off I-4.

I will start the sign up sheet and keep it updated. This should be a popular first time gathering. Once we get the ball rolling it will unify the e30 community.

Remember this is for the old BMWs, e30 and older. If you have an old 5er or any BMW older than the e30 then bring it. I am willing to bet we can get 25 cars together.

It is probably going to be hot so be ready to leave on time.

1) FL318is
    2) Bimmersmith
    3) Franco90
    4) 30secE30
    5) crashoverride7
    6) phrekus
    7) 30secE30 guest (E30)
    8- 30secE30 guest (E30)
    9) Faviolosky
    10) FL318is guest (E30 87 325i vert)
    11) FL318is guest (E30 89 M3)
    12) FL318is guest (E30 88 325is)
    13) FL318is guest (2002)
    14) FL318is guest (318 vert)
    15) lennon
    16)
    17)
    18)
    Last edited by FL318is; 07-17-2009, 07:36 PM.

Cool beans. I'm excited.
    If at first you don't succeed, find a bigger hammer.

Comment

Glad to have you aboard. And thanks for willing if needed.

Comment

I am in

I've always been proud of being a Marine.
        I won't hesitate to defend the Corps
        "Supersquad"

‎"Prostitutes are a sub-category of Amusement Parks"-

Comment

Excellent! Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by FL318is View Post
            Based on the response to a Meet in Orlando it has come to my attention that we have enough local e30 and older BMWs to have a gathering sooner. So get ready.

When: July 18th, Saturday 830 am, drive starts promptly at 900 am
            Where: Converge at Starbucks, drive to Mt. Dora

http://www.starbucks.com/retail/locator/MapResults.aspx?a=1&StoreKey=97631&IC_O=28.7128277 800751%3a-81.4191948690561%3a32%3a+32779&GAD1_O=&GAD2_O=&GAD 3_O=+32779&GAD4_O=&radius=5&countryID=244&dataSour ce=MapPoint.NA

Springs Centre
            1195 Springs Center South Blvd
            Altamonte Springs, FL 32714
            407-682-1136

After coffee and conversation, we will drive into Mt. Dora on some backroads. The drive time one way is about 45-55 minutes based on traffic. I will have maps for everyone.

Once in Mt Dora we can eat breakfast and take some pics.

I picked Starbucks because it is middle ground for most of us and its just off I-4.

I will start the sign up sheet and keep it updated. This should be a popular first time gathering. Once we get the ball rolling it will unify the e30 community.

Remember this is for the old BMWs, e30 and older. If you have an old 5er or any BMW older than the e30 then bring it. I am willing to bet we can get 25 cars together.

It is probably going to be hot so be ready to leave on time.

1) FL318is
            2) Bimmersmith
            3) Franco90
            4) 30secE30
            5)
            6)
            7)
            9)
            10)
            1990 325i BMW

Comment

im totally there, meaning i have 18 days to change my control arms. must find two days off. must find two days off. everyone has to promise me they wont laugh to hard at my bone stock eta with all its broken things.

Comment

3sec, crash,

got you down. If anyone should be worried about their car it would be me. I,m not. This is just a gathering not a concours.

I have more work to but do on my e30. It got so bad that I would introduce my car as a project. I did this until someone said, " It looks like it belongs in the projects."

That motivated me to put the seats and carpet back in. Besides, half the fun of these things is putting them together.

See you then!
                Last edited by FL318is; 06-29-2009, 05:42 AM.

Comment

Count me in for now... I have been looking for a motivator to get my ass back in the garage and this will work fine. Anyone know how long it takes for supersprint exhaust to ship and the best place I should order it from for my 91 318is?

Comment

I be driving the 740il for now .
                    I am looking for an E30 in the area
                    see you there

I've always been proud of being a Marine.
                    I won't hesitate to defend the Corps
                    "Supersquad"

‎"Prostitutes are a sub-category of Amusement Parks"-

Comment

phrekus, give this a try. http://www.bmpdesign.com/product-exe...earch_model/31
                      If at first you don't succeed, find a bigger hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by franco90 View Post
                        I be driving the 740il for now .
                        I am looking for an E30 in the area
                        see you there
                        Have you looked at CL lately? There have been a few bargains or projects.

Comment

boo, you pick the day that i'm on the West Coast for my gf's bday party

hope you guys have fun without me, i am itching for some back roads.

Comment

e30 kid, you arent far from crystal river, and it has one of the best roads in the evar. ozzello trail. ive been down it once. it dead ends in a small town on the beach, has a small parking area and a little greasy spoon as well. its right off highways 19.

its good to hear i wont be the only one standing next to a run down old bucket gently polishing it with a diaper like its a brand new ferarri. i might have felt foolish.
                            Last edited by crashoverride7; 06-29-2009, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Dang!! I won't be back from Japan till early december. hopefully this meet will become more regular. my E30 is sitting in the garage with the hard top on. oh how I miss it...

Comment

Working...
                              X