No announcement yet.

July 18th - Orlando R3V Member's Meet and Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a couple of aluminum block m50s sittin' around acting as paper weights. Anyone interested? lol
    If at first you don't succeed, find a bigger hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by Faviolosky View Post
      hey lennon sent me this link and it looks like i might be going, i finish school next week the 15th so ill see if i can get saturday 18th off of work.my car is running shitty but itll get there.
      so is this going to be a

e30 meet/swap meet/breakfast/lunch/dinner/other older bmws

now backroads. are these backroads full of bumps and all, or are they nice roads. im waiting on my rear 550lb springs, so itll be a good way to test them out.

ill bring a box with parts i have laying around.
      I will add you to the list. This initial meet will be a great chance to discuss future events. I am down for a Tampa run. It would be great to have a backroad circuit layed out from Gulf to Atlantic.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmersmith View Post
        I have a couple of aluminum block m50s sittin' around acting as paper weights. Anyone interested? lol
        fuck yes. i cant even express how interested i am in an aluminum block!!! m50s though? i thought there were only aluminum m52s. either way, it makes no difference. more info please!

Comment

lol, maybe they are m52s. Yeah, we have two sitting in our shop here in Mount Dora. I'm not super familiar with these engines but I believe they are out of the 1.8i z3s? Aluminum block straight 6. I don't know what they look like inside. One is fairly bare, and one has at least a partial harness.

Comment

id love to check them out/buy one or both off of you. depending on what they are/what condition. you gonna come to this july 18 meet/drive? maybe we can hit up your shop that day.

Comment

Yeah I'll be there for the drive, and we'll be driving into Mount Dora, so it would be a perfect time for you to come check them out if you like. My shop is kind of in the back of a sort of small industrial complex type place. It's pretty much a big storage unit that we use to work on our cars. We have 3 e30s, a 2002, and a Bavaria that's rusting into oblivion sitting outside, another e30, and my uncle's SCCA H production Bug-eye Sprite inside, along with the utterly obscene amount of parts and random crap we have in there lol.

Comment

cool i wanna check out those cars.

fl318is, PM me the glovebox part number, if i have it its yours for free.

Comment

god, i remember seeing that shop, and then feeling the urge to get some shop rags bunched together for a bed and never leaving.even the guys that helped me pick up that car were a little impressed, and they dont care about bmws.
                  i might be interested in one of those alum block m50s. also, if someone has a good condition driveshaft thatll fit an eta 5speed, or a set of seatbelt catches for sport seats, i have green things with your name on it. i would list more, but i dont think anyones gonna rent a uhaul to bring the list of parts i need.

Comment

lennon thanks. I will get a part number

Bimmersmith how about a shop tour so we can see your stash. Also, you know the area pretty good. Where would be a good group photo op?

Comment

It's 50-50 right now but I would love to make it. i'll update when I know for sure. I wouldn't mind checking out those m50's either. I have a Mtech II spoiler if anyone is interested. the drawback is the bolts are torn out so you would have to screw it in. I'll try to get some pics.

Comment

Well I thought I had the car going but now it looks like I have a bad thermostat after removing the mess of hose under the intake. If anyone has a front valence, sunroof panel, BBS hub caps 36-13-2-225-622-M9 I will have some cash on me. I got a new thermostat but I had to order the gasket and oring online but I am going to do some troubleshooting tonight and as long as nothing else takes a dump on me I look forward to meeting everyone and seeing your cars.

Comment

Originally posted by E30Beast2B View Post
                          It's 50-50 right now but I would love to make it. i'll update when I know for sure. I wouldn't mind checking out those m50's either. I have a Mtech II spoiler if anyone is interested. the drawback is the bolts are torn out so you would have to screw it in. I'll try to get some pics.
                          Hope you can make it. If you do then throw the spoiler in your trunk. I am sure someone in the group that can offer a fix or even buy it.

I will add you to the list when you are ready.

Comment

Originally posted by FL318is View Post

Bimmersmith how about a shop tour so we can see your stash. Also, you know the area pretty good. Where would be a good group photo op?
                            I'd be glad to take you guys out to the shop. Just know that the part of the place where my shop is isn't paved. Crash has been there. As long as nobody's running with their oil pans slammed to the ground you should be good though lol. As far as pictures I'm not positive but I'll take a drive around and scope some stuff out. I found a really cool abandoned warehouse-ish place today that looked sick for pictures, but that's more out towards Apopka, so I'll probably just take my car out there sometime(if anyone wants to do a shoot sometime let me know)

Comment

how old is everyone?

Comment

im 24, but the fact that my inner child pretty much runs the joint doesnt add any years to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X