No announcement yet.

SUBWOOFER BOXES: Winter 2010 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IM probably in for a 10in. Give me a few days.... once I pay will my box be made now or are you waiting to make them all at once?

Thanks
    Justin

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
      My experience with sealed vs ported is the exact opposite of yours. A quality sub, in an properly sized sealed box with a nice amp is not slow, murky or lacking in detail.

At least not to MY ears. And since it would be in MY car, a sealed box is what I prefer. That's the thing about sound, it's all subjective.

Keep in mind that wasn't a shot at you or your products, I just like the sound of sealed boxes better.
      I hear exactly what you are saying...I have always preferred sealed boxes over ported since that is that I liked sound-wise also. I was a bit apprehensive going with Luke'e ported box at first, wondering what it would really sound like...let me just say, you have absolutely nothing to worry about in regards to sound quality with one of Luke's ported boxes. Absolutely no port or cone noise at very high output levels-just deep, clean, tight, and musical bass. I am not easily impressed in the least when it comes to car audio, but I have been with Luke's 10" box.

It really is that damn good.
      Eric Giles
      '20 M2 CS
      '04 M3
      '11 X5 35D
      '87 325is
      '91 325i Sport

There are few things more expensive than a cheap BMW...

Comment

Guys, any of you that are ready to jump, do it now.

I am having a hell of a time finding a place to rent that has space for me to do woodworking so I may not have a place to build again.

Paypal me NOW so I can get these built!

Any that have been paid will get built, but I need to know how many to do.

Luke

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Couple questions. You said it's better if the back seat has the ski pass-through, is it possible to just take a BFH and pound that center piece out?

Also, will either of the boxes work with the stock premium speakers in place? I suppose I could ditch them, but I'd prefer not to.

Matt
          Matt

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
          I pack my CD player with asbestos. Those mother fuckers pay dearly for stealing my shit.
          Originally posted by kronus
          try whacking parts of the motor with a wrench while yelling "YOU WANT SUMMA DIS? HUH?"
          Originally posted by chadthestampede
          This is like a reverse build thread; it starts out nice and gets shitty.

Comment

Originally posted by E30Nova View Post
            Couple questions. You said it's better if the back seat has the ski pass-through, is it possible to just take a BFH and pound that center piece out?

Also, will either of the boxes work with the stock premium speakers in place? I suppose I could ditch them, but I'd prefer not to.

Matt
            Yes you will want to remove the center metal piece behind the rear seat. For the best output into the interior, you want a rear seat back that has the fold down armrest. Alternatively, you can remove some of the foam padding from the center section of the rear seatback.

The box will not interfere with the factory rear premium speakers at all, so you can still use them if you wish.
            Eric Giles
            '20 M2 CS
            '04 M3
            '11 X5 35D
            '87 325is
            '91 325i Sport

There are few things more expensive than a cheap BMW...

Comment

Matt
              As Eric said, the rear speakers aren't disturbed at all.

The ski pass is spot welded in place, basically. Pops out easily in seconds.

Luke

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

Sweet, I already have a seat with a fold down armrest. How many boxes are left Luke? I have a few parts I can try to sell to get the cash, but it'll probably be too late by then lol. :(

Matt
                Matt

I pack my CD player with asbestos. Those mother fuckers pay dearly for stealing my shit.
                try whacking parts of the motor with a wrench while yelling "YOU WANT SUMMA DIS? HUH?"

Comment

Sweet, I already have a seat with a fold down armrest. How many boxes are left Luke? I have a few parts I can try to sell to get the cash, but it'll probably be too late by then lol. :(

Matt
                  None of those parts are E34 lowering springs, are they?

I am only building enough for this round. I have no place to keep unsold boxes, so go find some money!

Closing SOON!

Comment

Sadly, no. But if I managed to get some, would you wanna trade? :D

Matt
                    Matt

Comment

PM sent, pls reply

Comment

Originally posted by Victell View Post
                        PM sent, pls reply
                        You got PM!

Guys, I wanna start building monday so I can ship by friday or saturday.

You gotta get money to me so I can start this, I am only gonna build what is pre-sold.

BTW, thanks for the orders last night!

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

Are you still taking orders? If so I would be very interested in a 10" box.
                          1991 318i

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                            You got PM!

Guys, I wanna start building monday so I can ship by friday or saturday.

You gotta get money to me so I can start this, I am only gonna build what is pre-sold.

BTW, thanks for the orders last night!

Luke
                            money sent, pm sent on thur, could u pm me to confirm u got it, thanks
                            sigpic

Comment

FUCK!! I need to pull a Quagmire and whore myself out to 50 fat chicks for $1000 a piece. Not just for the box, but I need the cash, hahaha.

Matt
                              Matt

Comment

Sorry for the slow responses!

Please keep in mind that I am in the middle of moving, too, so I don't always have internet access.

FUCK!! I need to pull a Quagmire and whore myself out to 50 fat chicks for $1000 a piece. Not just for the box, but I need the cash, hahaha.

Matt
                                Whore!

Closing SOON!

Comment

Working...
                                X