Best 15 in lightweight? Kosei K1 vs TrMotorsports C1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best 15 in lightweight? Kosei K1 vs TrMotorsports C1

What do you all think of the best 15 lightweight wheel? I like both of these but cant decide. Both do well in autox, but are there any particular differences in feel or weight as opposed to the looks?

k1's are still available?

Prolly tr's cause you can get 15x8's.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Don't also forget about the D-Force LTW e30 wheels. Personally I went with TRM C1s as they were available in 15x8.
      Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Kosei K1
        LTW5
        TRM C1
        6UL
        Rota RB
        Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2/1.3/2

All great 15" wheels in the same weight class. The RB, C1s, 6ULs and K1s (if you can find them) are available in 15x8. The 15x8s will typically run another 1.5 lbs or so over the 15x7s, but it's worth it.
        Last edited by Wh33lhop; 02-28-2010, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by graphikg View Post
          What do you all think of the best 15 lightweight wheel?
          Obviously, it all depends on how you define "best."

I went with the TDR ProRace 1.2 from Bimmerworld because they were available in 15x7" with the correct offset (et25) and center bore (57.1mm) so that I don't need to use spacers or centering rings. More important, they were the only 15x7" wheels I could find that cleared my big brake kit:

They had a few other advantages: they are relatively light at 15lbs; they are dirt cheap at only $125 each; they have a reputation for being strong; and they look cool.

Now Bimmerworld offers the TDR ProRace 1.3 as well. They're even lighter (13lbs) and cheaper ($100 each). Those are the ones I'd buy if I were in the market right now.
          sigpic
          1987 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16: Vintage Racer
          2010 BMW (E90) 335xi sedan: Grocery Getter

Comment

Eh, I think something should really be said for the option of going 15x8. Team Dynamics and D-Force really should have released a 15x8 wheel. They wouldn't be Spec E30-legal, but they'd be a better option.

Comment

Originally posted by Emre View Post
              Obviously, it all depends on how you define "best."

I went with the TDR ProRace 1.2 from Bimmerworld because they were available in 15x7" with the correct offset (et25) and center bore (57.1mm) so that I don't need to use spacers or centering rings. More important, they were the only 15x7" wheels I could find that cleared my big brake kit:

They had a few other advantages: they are relatively light at 15lbs; they are dirt cheap at only $125 each; they have a reputation for being strong; and they look cool.

Now Bimmerworld offers the TDR ProRace 1.3 as well. They're even lighter (13lbs) and cheaper ($100 each). Those are the ones I'd buy if I were in the market right now.
              I love the Team Dynamics. My friend just bought them for this MINI JCW. You should post more pics they look excellent.

G.Verelli

Comment

compomotive
                Browse our range of alloy wheels and order from Compomotive Wheels online today.

Browse our range of alloy wheels and order from Compomotive Wheels online today.

Comment

Oh ya, D forces, I forgot about those. ALso very nice but I dont like the look as much as the c1s. There is actually a 15x8 k1 sale on the used wheel section but too much I think since I can get c1s new with new falken azenis for 900 at amer's tire.

Comment

Originally posted by e30_325es View Post
                    k1's are still available?

Prolly tr's cause you can get 15x8's.
                    K1's are only available in 15x7 et 29+ for fwd cars it seems. All the lower offsets are gone now. I would go 15x8 TR's as they are new and not going to be discontinued any immediate time soon.
                    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

I went with the C1s on my car. They were cheaper (maybe lighter too?) than the K1s.

Comment

Originally posted by TomSuddard View Post
                        I went with the C1s on my car. They were cheaper (maybe lighter too?) than the K1s.
                        i've seen the progress on your car, Tom.. it looks great with the C1's
                        --Hayden--
                        '87 325 coupe- Trak Rat
                        '93 318is- 4cyl's of fury
                        '92 Integra GS-R--yeah, its fast..
                        www.G2IC.com

Comment

The 15x8 6UL wheels are 2lbs lighter than any other offering right now.

Although you will need 15/20 mm spacers to run them.
                          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

If I were in the market, I'd buy the 15x8 C1's

I have a set of K1s in 15x7 et17 and a set of rota slips in 15x8 et20 and like the rotas better if only for the added width.

Comment

I own the TRM C1s in 15x8 and they are very light!
                              I love them with my toyos R888!!!!
                              sigpic
                              1986 "C2 2.7 Alpina" Sedan
                              1987 325ic Black Vert
                              1986 327i Red Track Car RIP 10/10/10
                              1989 325is Henna S50 track car SOLD

Transaction feedback here please!!
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170548

Comment

Working...
                              X