Subwoofer Box Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
    The 12" needs 2 holes punched through the rear deck, very precisely.

None of my current designs alter any of the stock speakers, so your rears will be fine.

The wifes car just went from 12" to 10". I kind of miss that depth. She likes the space though!
    Luke,

there was a post where you were showing the install of the 12" with the holes punched in the rear deck, precisely.

I used search but can't find it anymore.

Can you help ??

Pierre
    1988 E30 ALPINA B3 2.7 #224/257 Made in Buchloe

see more : http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=71686&referrerid=12460

Comment

You have a PM Sir Luke....

Comment

Originally posted by pegase747 View Post
        Luke,

there was a post where you were showing the install of the 12" with the holes punched in the rear deck, precisely.

I used search but can't find it anymore.

Can you help ??

Pierre
        Pierre, once the box is in place you can mark where the ports go to punch the holes. It is such a precise fit, there is like zero tolerance if you want it to look perfect.

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Luke,

got it thanks, but there was actually in that post pictures of the ports going trough the rear deck speaker holes.

Can't find this post at the mo...

Pierre

see more : http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=71686&referrerid=12460

Comment

I have pics in my install thread I did in the wife's eta... shows the rear deck holes.

EDIT: Here you go

Last edited by Schnitzer318is; 12-01-2010, 09:15 AM.
            "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
            -----------------------------------------
            91 318is Turbo Sold
            87 325 Daily driver Sold
            06 4.8is X5
            06 Mtec X3
            05 4.4i X5 Sold
            92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
            90 325i Sold
            97 328is Sold
            01 323ci Sold
            92 325i Sold
            83 528e Totaled
            98 328i Sold
            93 325i Sold

Comment

Thanks Mate !

Pierre

Comment

Luke. I think I need one again. I'll PM you.

Comment

Originally posted by pegase747 View Post
                  John,

very nicely installed...

Few questions for you.

Do you have the ski pass removed ?
                  Also how is it sounding with the seat back in position ?

I guess it is better to have the center armrest down but if you don't, anf id you don't want to butcher you seat back, is that still worth it ??

Cheers

I have 500w rms going to an infinity reference dvc woofer, ski pass hole, but seat back in and no foam removed. i dont even have the bass turned up all the way because it turns my insides to oatmeal.

as long as you have some reasonable power to the sub, the seat wont be a problem at all.

Originally posted by stewie30luvr
                  ooo cause i was fixing my chain tensioner and there was a black widow on the radiator so i killed it
                  Originally posted by JakeP
                  with a coathanger

Comment

Thanks Jason, give me ideas....

Pierre

Comment

Originally posted by jasonsnoddy View Post
                      I i dont even have the bass turned up all the way because it turns my insides to oatmeal.
                      Glad you are loving it, bud.

On the other hand, you guys really don't understand how much wallop you get out of these with such tiny power. Seriously, I have heard 100 watt RMS on a $50 woofer sound terrific, like actual boom out of a $50 walmart amp!

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

Originally posted by DrMcDave View Post
                        Luke. I think I need one again. I'll PM you.
                        still no PM from you, ya tease!

By-the-goddamn-way...I have IDMax 10s and 12"s to model with.

Do you have an assload of power for your woof? What do you need to do to get it back up and running? I assume you have a dual 2 ohm and are gonna parallel it to do a 1 ohm mono load on some 1200 watt beast, right?

Closing SOON!

Comment

C'mon guys, get off your butts!

Tell ya what...I NEEED 3 more confirmed boxes.

If you KNOW you can cover the rest and shipping before the end of the year, send me $100 as a down payment. I can't do the discount deal, so the price goes up, buuuut..it gets you in.

Doc: IDMax. Get it. Conversate with me on PM.

Closing SOON!

Comment

These need to be in every e30 by now! I was a skeptic at first...I thought I'd have "just enough" bass to get by. But NO, I had to turn down my little 500w Infinity 5ch amp because of the massive bass. When I turn it up to show passengers, they initially guess that I'm running 1000w through two 10"s.

Comment

^^^Nice woof.

Is that krinkle finish paint better than the usual Dynamat?
                              Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Luke, you need to make this version for e30 M3s and make a GB on s14.net! :nice:

I need a box for my M dammmit! :hitler:
                                Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Working...
                                X