Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer "Luke Box" Build

OK, guys, here is the deal.

Most of you know I am trying to get a company off the ground.

Most of you know I wrecked my car today.

I need to sell some boxes NOW. Production starts 6/1, MDF is already here.

Here is the deal: soon I will be charging WAY more for these. They will be painted (truck bed liner), as to be waterproof, and offer a lifetime warranty. They will get additional bracing as well, but no other changes. Still the same carpeted face.

*Quick note: some of you don't understand why I don't carpet the boxes. Basically, it would add a ton of materials and labor to an already expensive box to build, labor-wise. The real reason is that if a box is carpeted, you cannot see water damage and the box can be destroyed quickly. If you see water in your trunk, you can quickly pull the back cover panel off and remove your subwoofer. Often, they dry out just fine and work perfectly IF you catch it in time.

However, since I wrecked BOTH of my E30s, I need to do another run of boxes, NOW. Since I only have my van, I don't want to go anywhere.

Same deal as before, $200 for the E3010 shipped. Add $20 if you are east of the Mississippi. I will also be making 12" boxes this run, please PM me if you want one. I may have a special deal for you.

Discounts for 3 or more boxes going to the same address available.

Extra carpet is also available, PM me.

EDIT: for those concerned about weight, if your 6 cylinder car came with trunk tar, you MUST remove it to fit this box. With the 10" box, a suitable woofer and a small 4 channel amp, your car will weigh almost exactly the same as stock. You will essentially retain your proper balance.

If you want to discuss getting a "pre-production" version of the GermanAudioSpecialties box, we can discuss that via PM.

I have E34 10" and 12" boxes ready as well.

So, this is what to expect, but without the woofer:

You will receive a piece of carpet big enough to cover your "pretty panel" and a template that is intended to serve as a model for your template (e30s vary too much to count on a flawless fit; that is up to you)

Yes, that ugly beast of a woofer fits:

Send payment to:

Stereoinstaller1 AT gmail DOT COM.

Please make sure your paypal address is the correct one. I use them exclusively for shipping, as the level of communication is excellent.

Thanks!
    Luke Fisher
    Last edited by StereoInstaller1; 06-01-2011, 12:52 PM.

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Early announcement: the 8" box will be available this run too, for those that want "just a little" bass.

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

In for pics of the 8.

Comment

Gonna be a couple of days at least! 8" woofers are kind of rare, so if you are thinking of a particular one, lets talk.

Closing SOON!

Comment

I've already got a 10" Lukebox waiting for when I finish the 24v. I'm just curious about what you come up with for the 8. I'm overly attached to shaving weight off the car, so I was contemplating one of these plus a 8" tang band. Why? Because Racecar

Enough of a threadjack, Buy a box, get Luke in another e30.

Comment

Originally posted by Jalves619 View Post
            Buy a box, get Luke in another e30.
            Sigg'd. This is why I love this place.

Closing SOON!

Comment

Heard a 10 inch box from Luke this past weekend at the Vintage Festival with a $50 woofer. Box sounded GREAT.
              doug m ny country

Comment

I sat in Bishop's old car with a one of your box's and it was amazing! I really want one for my car now, but I can't afford it with me leaving for college.

Anyways, good luck Luke and hopefully we can get you in another E30 soon!

Comment

Originally posted by dlmrun2002 View Post
                  Heard a 10 inch box from Luke this past weekend at the Vintage Festival with a $50 woofer. Box sounded GREAT.
                  doug m ny country
                  That was my car with actually a 39 dollar Coustic Crusher. Its amazing what a cheep woofer does in that box. Lots of interest over the weekend at the vintage.

John
                  Last edited by harv; 06-01-2011, 07:30 AM.
                  The Revolution will not be televised.

Comment

Luke send me details on 5 boxes to Guten. Locals will eat it up.

About time!
                    sigpic
                    New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
                    %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

is the round sub better than the solobaric (am i calling it right, i'm referring to the square sub)?
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
                      ---------------------------------
                      89 E30 S52
                      ---------------------------------
                      Transaction Feedback.

Comment

awesome product. no one will be disappointed.
                        Team Hybrids

Comment

sorry to not have followed other threads, but do you have any pics of it installed?

Comment

^ if you do not have a luke box, get one NOW. do not even waste time waiting or contemplating getting one. just get one. enough said!

Comment

Luke, how much for an 8" box shipped to 90745?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X